Sponsored

Stuck after a concert

Tygerman76

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper S Countryman, 2018 Mini Cooper S Hardtop, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Last night I parked on the top floor of a parking garage for a concert. After it was over, we left our parking spot and got in line to exit the garage. Sat in park for 30 minutes with radio and A/C running. Once traffic started to move, nothing! I could not shift to drive. Tried everything and still had 35% battery left. Shouldn't I at least be able to drive in electric mode? No go! As a last ditch, a few guys helped me jump it. Hooked up cables and the ICE fired up and I drove home. WTF?
Sponsored

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
.... Sat in park for 30 minutes with radio and A/C running....
Did you change from run to acc mode while you waited? It should have charged the 12V from the traction battery through the DC-DC converter, but I believe that only happens when the ignition is in run and not in acc mode.

OP
OP
Tygerman76

Tygerman76

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper S Countryman, 2018 Mini Cooper S Hardtop, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Did you change from run to acc mode while you waited? It should have charged the 12V from the traction battery through the DC-DC converter, but I believe that only happens when the ignition is in run and not in acc mode.
Left it in run, just shifted to park. No issues since that evening.
Sponsored