Sponsored

Stop/Start Not Ready-Battery Charging

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
Personally, I wouldn't replace that battery with anything that is not an AGM battery. I don't think you want to put any ol lead acid "motorcycle battery" in there.
Sponsored

Stolar13

First Name
Łukasz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport S 3,6 - 2dr
I bought AGM 12V 12AH 200A Exide battery I will replace and chack how to work.

Stolar13

First Name
Łukasz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I changed the Battery for Exide 12V 12AH 200A and I have no comunicate : Battery Charging" but still doesn't work ESS and I have comunicate "Start/stop not ready" and that all.
Additional I have bug in ESC and still have code C220B - ABS/ACC not calibrated.

I drive about 10 km after changing battery and nothing change.
Voltage is now permanent 14,2V but before there were some time lower voltage.

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I changed the Battery for Exide 12V 12AH 200A and I have no comunicate : Battery Charging" but still doesn't work ESS and I have comunicate "Start/stop not ready" and that all.
Additional I have bug in ESC and still have code C220B - ABS/ACC not calibrated.

I drive about 10 km after changing battery and nothing change.
Voltage is now permanent 14,2V but before there were some time lower voltage.
Are you running stock gears? There is a calibration procedure needed after a gear swap.

Stolar13

First Name
Łukasz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did the calibration for Axle, tires and lift. I have european Rubicon diesel axle swap 3.73 ans 2-2,5" lift and 35" Duratrac, I reprogramming everything.

Sponsored

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did the calibration for Axle, tires and lift. I have european Rubicon diesel axle swap 3.73 ans 2-2,5" lift and 35" Duratrac, I reprogramming everything.
It's not just the reprogramming. There is a calibration procedure needed after you replace the batteries. I don't remember exact details off the top of my head. But it's something like drive at 60+ MPH in 6th gear with >= 50% throttle for 30 seconds. Or something along those lines.

I had a similar message as yours, and the "procedure" cleared it up.

Stolar13

First Name
Łukasz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi I try to find this procedure, but I can not.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Temporarily unplug the battery sensor to reset it when you replace the main battery.

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
Just got my Jeep back after 2 weeks and guess what? I drove it out the dealership, stopped and once again its in "Battery Protection Mode." Thats 7 times in the dealership and over 40 days in the shop in the last 2 months. Wondering what's next...
Contact an attorney - Lemon Law - New Wrangler or put down a down payment on a Bronco. haha

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Unkle Fester

First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon
I would have said tucked away like a camel spider... too much time in the deserts of the Middle East...

my understanding, all ESS Jeeps have secondary batteries (little ATV type). Manual transmissions wouldn’t have ESS and no secondary battery.

I’m kinda torn on the ESS. I get the point for a fuel economy rating, but it’s just more to go wrong and troubleshoot.

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
My JLU Sahara is in the shop now. Service Manager is firm that my 2018 JLU does not have an auxiliary battery. Do some JLUs not have a second battery?
Stop/Start rarely works, even after driving 45 minutes to dealer it says the battery is still charging
2.0L Sahara will have only one battery.

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
Since the last two days, I was seeing battery charging message. Been having about 110 degrees F since last 10 days in Vegas, and my AC was running on Auto. Today I drove disabling Auto and kept AC on manual at 74 degrees. My battery charging message went away after 10 miles but Stop/Start still says not ready.
I am at 3700 miles on the Jeep 3.0L.

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
Since the last two days, I was seeing battery charging message. Been having about 110 degrees F since last 10 days in Vegas, and my AC was running on Auto. Today I drove disabling Auto and kept AC on manual at 74 degrees. My battery charging message went away after 10 miles but Stop/Start still says not ready.
I am at 3700 miles on the Jeep 3.0L.
I am constantly at 100°F here in North Texas. 9600 miles, and I continue to receive the Start/Stop Not Ready or Service Required. Mine is currently at the dealership.
I received the same message late at night driving in the rain. I don't know how much temperature plays a roll in this.
Sponsored