David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
The only issue is this may be a sign of worse issue to come if not fixed. Such as stopping and never starting back up.
Or it's not .

Glass half full or half empty. You decide.
Sponsored

Windmutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
Just got my Jeep back after 2 weeks and guess what? I drove it out the dealership, stopped and once again its in "Battery Protection Mode." Thats 7 times in the dealership and over 40 days in the shop in the last 2 months. Wondering what's next...

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Just got my Jeep back after 2 weeks and guess what? I drove it out the dealership, stopped and once again its in "Battery Protection Mode." Thats 7 times in the dealership and over 40 days in the shop in the last 2 months. Wondering what's next...
You are more patient that I would have ever been....

tsahorn

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
My JLU Sahara is in the shop now. Service Manager is firm that my 2018 JLU does not have an auxiliary battery. Do some JLUs not have a second battery?
Stop/Start rarely works, even after driving 45 minutes to dealer it says the battery is still charging

Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
My JLU Sahara is in the shop now. Service Manager is firm that my 2018 JLU does not have an auxiliary battery. Do some JLUs not have a second battery?
Stop/Start rarely works, even after driving 45 minutes to dealer it says the battery is still charging
LOL I'd be asking for a new Service Manager.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@tsahorn

What engine is in your JL?

IF it is the 3.6, then your Service Manager, does not know chitt from shinola. ALL, stock, 3.6 JL's have two batteries.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
My Rubicon is driven less than 5 miles every 2 weeks and start and stop says not ready no major issue. Once we drive it, it starts working mine is due sitting alot.

Sponsored

tsahorn

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Amazing thing happened. After waiting almost 3 hours for the vehicle, the service writer tells me they ordered an auxiliary battery. I said "the service manager said there isn't one". To which the service writer said they found one under the main battery and it is bad.
Is it under the main battery?

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Amazing thing happened. After waiting almost 3 hours for the vehicle, the service writer tells me they ordered an auxiliary battery. I said "the service manager said there isn't one". To which the service writer said they found one under the main battery and it is bad.
Yes

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@tsahorn
Actually, no it is not under the Main battery. It is directly, under the PDC , which is near the Main battery which resides just in front of the PDC.

Picture, displays the Aux battery. The PDC above it has been removed already so as to access the Aux battery.
Jeep Wrangler JL Stop/Start Not Ready-Battery Charging ESS battery hideaway

Stolar13

First Name
Łukasz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport S 3,6 - 2dr
Hello
Do you know what size is AUX battery if I want to buy some aftermarket battery.
The parameters are: 12V, 12Ah, 200A but what sizes is?

I have the problem with Start/Stop "battery charging" and I have ESC light on with bug in ABS module code C220B-00 - ABS ACC not calibrated.

As I see the battery is the same like in Motorcycle, somebody use the motorcycle battery in place of this battery?
Sponsored

Last edited: