Monastero

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Sport
Hello,
I have one easy question because I really don’t know much about the JL jeeps.

I know the fenders on a Rubicon have more clearance.

However my question is, does a stock 2024 2dr Sport S have the same suspension height as a stock 2024 2dr Rubicon?
Sponsored

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
Many will tell you no, but I have confirmed that my 2-door Sport has the same front springs as a 2-door Rubicon. (The Rubicon had different rear numbers, but it had a tow package that I don't have.)

Avi8or

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 JL 2 Door
I have a 23 Sport S but I put 2 door rubicon springs on mine from a 22 and it came up 3/4”.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Stock springs aren't great no matter what they come off of. The spring numbers are more determined by option than model. A 2dr hard top sport s 2.0t will likely have a heavier spring than a soft top 2dr Rubicon base manual v6 as the top, trans, and engine options all weigh more. The issue is conflated as nobody talks options they talk models. That's not where the biggest difference lies in my opinion. If you want a lift, why but stock parts and hope it gets you what you want? If you feel the stock springs are too light like i did, buy better ones. If you just want 1", buy a 1" spacer. The idea that stock parts are better than aftermarket or a 1" spacer will void your warranty but swapping stock parts around won't is false. All the stock shocks have short travel. The rubicon shocks are a little better than the sport/Sahara, but still far from good. Unless they are free, they aren't worth the effort in my opinion.

Sponsored

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stock springs aren't great no matter what they come off of. The spring numbers are more determined by option than model. A 2dr hard top sport s 2.0t will likely have a heavier spring than a soft top 2dr Rubicon base manual v6 as the top, trans, and engine options all weigh more. The issue is conflated as nobody talks options they talk models. That's not where the biggest difference lies in my opinion. If you want a lift, why but stock parts and hope it gets you what you want? If you feel the stock springs are too light like i did, buy better ones. If you just want 1", buy a 1" spacer. The idea that stock parts are better than aftermarket or a 1" spacer will void your warranty but swapping stock parts around won't is false. All the stock shocks have short travel. The rubicon shocks are a little better than the sport/Sahara, but still far from good. Unless they are free, they aren't worth the effort in my opinion.
Exactly. The lift that people get from Rubicon springs is because they are putting springs from heavier optioned Jeeps. I wanted a fixed amount of lift without changing the ride, so once I saw that an equivalent Rubicon optioned to my Sport had the same springs, I just purchased spacers instead.

OP
OP

Monastero

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Sport
I see, good info. Especially because I may change the front bumper on my Sport. It has the 2.0 engine. Hopefully I have the stronger springs so it don’t sag.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I have confirmed that my 2-door Sport has the same front springs as a 2-door Rubicon. (The Rubicon had different rear numbers, but it had a tow package that I don't have.)
What were the numbers, and does your Sport have a hardtop?

The lift that people get from Rubicon springs is because they are putting springs from heavier optioned Jeeps.
It's more complicated than that. I have JLUR front springs on my similarly equipped JLR (about 1/2" lift). The spring rate is softer (which I don't like). They were free.

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What were the numbers, and does your Sport have a hardtop?
I already submitted them to you months ago and you added them to the chart! Yes, I have a hardtop. Manual transmission might have something do with it.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I already submitted them to you months ago and you added them to the chart! Yes, I have a hardtop. Manual transmission might have something do with it.
Sorry... I haven't been keeping track of who submitted what.

Sponsored

Avi8or

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 JL 2 Door
What engine do you have in your 23 Sport?
I have a 2023 Sport S 2 door with hardtop and 2.0l. The rubicon 2 door donor had a hard top too but I do not know what motor.

Merc

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door 6mt Willys; 2013 Subaru Crosstrek
I own a 2021 2 door Willys 6MT with a hardtop. I was given for free the springs, shocks, links, and control arms off a 2022 4 door JLUR XR fully loaded etorque that comes stock with 35s. Below are my measurements. I did add a 1 inch spacer in the front due to the rack from my winch and aftermarket steel bumper.

Ground clearance
Stock: 10.8"
Add on suspension and 35s: 15"

Front wheels
Stock: 35 1/2"
Add ons and 35s: 40 1/8"

Rear wheels
Stock: 36"
Add ons and 35s: 40 1/2"

The 35s added at least an 1" from the stock 32s that Willys' come with.
Sponsored