Steering Stabilizer question

jackrubicon

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler rubicon 2021
37 psi is too high. Drop it down to 30-32 psi and see if that helps make the steering feel more sure-footed and predictable.

I wouldn't waste your time and money on the synergy sector shaft brace. Try the lower tire pressure 1st. See what that does, and if you want to pursue it farther, start a thread dedicated to you and your Jeep. There's a lot of very helpful people here that want to see fellow Jeepers happy with their Jeeps.
ok yes i will try👍👍
Sponsored

OP
OP
sgtmajor138

sgtmajor138

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S Freedom package
To go back to your specific question, back well before the new steering box came out, I tried, at different times, changing both the stabilizer (for two different Fox stabilizers) and a SteerSmarts Track Bar, and neither made any significant difference in the play you are talking about. Ultimately I went back to stock on the stabilizer and returned those, and left the Track Bar on since it was a bigger pain to take back off.
Thanks for the response. I certainly do not need to throw parts at the issue just because. Did you come up with another solution or just "adjust" your driving to compensate?

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
Thanks for the response. I certainly do not need to throw parts at the issue just because. Did you come up with another solution or just "adjust" your driving to compensate?
I never found any other solution (outside of reducing tire pressures) that was within my capabilities to try on my own, so I lived with it. I've been much more content since the new steering box came out, as I find everyday driving feels much more like what I was used to with my JK. Sure, there is still some play in it, but at least the wandering on the road improved considerably, which was my biggest complaint.

jackrubicon

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler rubicon 2021
I never found any other solution (outside of reducing tire pressures) that was within my capabilities to try on my own, so I lived with it. I've been much more content since the new steering box came out, as I find everyday driving feels much more like what I was used to with my JK. Sure, there is still some play in it, but at least the wandering on the road improved considerably, which was my biggest complaint.
Hello my dealer change box steering and m'y Rubicon 2021 2657klm is very bad i dont Like this Jeep steering because dead zone

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Buy a pair of Mopar LCAs they are $60 and will add a degree or two of caster, easy to install, just remove and replace one at a time no need to jack it up or take off the wheels. They will definitely help with the issue the OP described.

Sponsored

OP
OP
sgtmajor138

sgtmajor138

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S Freedom package
Buy a pair of Mopar LCAs they are $60 and will add a degree or two of caster, easy to install, just remove and replace one at a time no need to jack it up or take off the wheels. They will definitely help with the issue the OP described.
Ordered them right after I installed the Rubicon coils and springs and installed soon after. I did not see any improvement. I did check my tire pressure again and it seems the dealer aired them up to 38 psi after the recent service appointment. I'll drop that down to 32 and see if that helps.