Steering feels soft

Rogue321

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I have a 2018 Sport S and a 2020 Sport S Oscar Mike edition. The steering in the 18 isn’t as firm as the 2020. I don’t feel anything wrong with either. I do prefer the feel of the 20, which is a little more firm.

I’ve searched and found a tsb but that seems different.

Is this an adjustment or a different system?
Sponsored

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
What are all the differences between the vehicles? Rim size, tire make and model. tire pressure...

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
Since 2018, there has been three updates to the steering. A computer flash, steering stabilizer shock, and a updated cast iron steering gear box. We have had all the updates to ours, and it has been night and day difference. The steering gear box made the biggest improvement.

OP
OP

Rogue321

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Since 2018, there has been three updates to the steering. A computer flash, steering stabilizer shock, and a updated cast iron steering gear box. We have had all the updates to ours, and it has been night and day difference. The steering gear box made the biggest improvement.
What was the error with the gear box? I don't feel anything is wrong with it. Seems an expensive change just to get that feel.

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
What was the error with the gear box? I don't feel anything is wrong with it. Seems an expensive change just to get that feel.
When hitting a bump in the road, we would get a slight shimmy. Our Dealer Tech drove it, and said that it needed the upgraded Steering box. It was covered under warranty. No more shimmy, plus less play in the steering wheel.
Sponsored