Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't see the answer to the question I have in this thread so I will ask and hope for a response to it.

I have a 2018 JLU. I bought it about 5 months ago, used with 14,500 miles. Here and there I have gotten some death wobble. Did a bunch or research, checked the suspension and I see nothing wrong. I started to drive no faster than 70 and haven't had it happen until this week when it is below freezing. This week everyday at the same two points on route 24 in mass it has happened. Driving 70, I hit a bump at mile markers 17 and 11.8 and it starts to wobble. I cancel cruse and slow down to about 63 before it corrects.
The original owner had the V41 recall work done. It was done over a year ago. I want to put a fox 2.0 steering damper in, in hopes of no more death wobble. Would jeep reimburse this? Should I have Jeep inspect and drive it to confirm the death wobble first? Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Note, this jeep is stock aside from some cosmetic accessories. EX. Spare tire cover, hood latches, phone mount.
DW has many faces, proving it is from the stabilizer exclusively gonna be hard to do……
Sponsored

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't see the answer to the question I have in this thread so I will ask and hope for a response to it.

I have a 2018 JLU. I bought it about 5 months ago, used with 14,500 miles. Here and there I have gotten some death wobble. Did a bunch or research, checked the suspension and I see nothing wrong. I started to drive no faster than 70 and haven't had it happen until this week when it is below freezing. This week everyday at the same two points on route 24 in mass it has happened. Driving 70, I hit a bump at mile markers 17 and 11.8 and it starts to wobble. I cancel cruse and slow down to about 63 before it corrects.
The original owner had the V41 recall work done. It was done over a year ago. I want to put a fox 2.0 steering damper in, in hopes of no more death wobble. Would jeep reimburse this? Should I have Jeep inspect and drive it to confirm the death wobble first? Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Note, this jeep is stock aside from some cosmetic accessories. EX. Spare tire cover, hood latches, phone mount.
If it is still under warranty, then maybe bring it to a Jeep dealership and ask them to check if it has the old track bar, check torque, etc. Also check to see if the steering box is original which is aluminum or the updated cast iron version. There is a TSB about steering problems that explains the details. Hit or miss if they will update the steering box under or after warranty. If you have the newer steering box, and no warranty, best to take it to a 4x4 shop instead of a Jeep dealership.