Aftermarket Steering Damper?

Mike Delgado

First Name
Mike Delgado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2020
Has anyone installed an aftermarket steering damper? I have a 2020 JLU and find the steering very sensitive. Running 37s with a 2" Mopar lift. She does not pull to the sides just very sensitive. I was looking at the Fox steering dampers but the range in price from 180-479.

Any guidance would be helpful

Thanks
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Steering Damper? IMG_2281
Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White

Sponsored

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
Put Fox on my JLR. Was a slight improvement over the factory damper but wasn’t one of those “oh wow” differences.

Normal driving on normal roads was a little better. Where I noticed the most difference was if I hit a bump, pothole, etc on the highway and on rough surfaces off road. Steering didn’t seem to get thrown so much one way or the other as it did with the factory damper, but was more predictable and easier to control. In my opinion anyway.

OP
OP
Mike Delgado

Mike Delgado

First Name
Mike Delgado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2020
Put Fox on my JLR. Was a slight improvement over the factory damper but wasn’t one of those “oh wow” differences.

Normal driving on normal roads was a little better. Where I noticed the most difference was if I hit a bump, pothole, etc on the highway and on rough surfaces off road. Steering didn’t seem to get thrown so much one way or the other as it did with the factory damper, but was more predictable and easier to control. In my opinion anyway.
Wich damper did you get?

Sponsored

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Wich damper did you get?
Went with this one. Have had a lot of good experience with Fox products in the past. Figured that since this one had a MOPAR part number to it I’d be ok on my warranty as well. Also knew I was going to add Fox shocks as well and was OCD enough to want them to match.

74867D93-CAE1-4EB5-A31E-34272C5E64DE.jpeg

OP
OP
Mike Delgado

Mike Delgado

First Name
Mike Delgado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2020
Went with this one. Have had a lot of good experience with Fox products in the past. Figured that since this one had a MOPAR part number to it I’d be ok on my warranty as well. Also knew I was going to add Fox shocks as well and was OCD enough to want them to match.

Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Steering Damper? 74867D93-CAE1-4EB5-A31E-34272C5E64DE
I appreciate the info.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
did the falcon 2.2 and it did help a bit. not a floored me moment either but i can feel the difference and there is a very noticeable difference on the firm setting. I didn’t like that one it’s too stiff on the return.
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Steering Damper? 7453CFE4-287E-44F1-AFCE-65CCA3D5E9D0

Last edited:

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I installed this one:

https://www.quadratec.com/p/fox-rac...ce-series-ifp-steering-stabilizer-wrangler-jl

Easy install. Torque the bolts to 50 ft-lbs.

I didn't have any of the steering issues people complain about on this forum but my steering wheel would shimmy a bit on bumps and pot holes. That is now entirely gone and I'm very satisfied. A more stout dampener is required when upgrading tire size and I have 35s.

I tried to get Jeep to pay for it since there was a recall for this part but they want me to have a dealer inspect it "for my safety"! :no:
Sponsored