Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'm seeing solutions from $0 (adjusting the steering box) to over $1400 for the parts wilbornz posted. Is all of the $1400 in parts for making the steering more stable? If no, which parts are for this purpose?
If you’re stock and having wandering problems get some Mopar lift lcas and lower tire pressure to 30-32 warm. If dead spot in steering wheel, you can adjust the steering box. His list of parts he’s nesting is for when his factory parts wear out do to being lifted and running 37s.
Sponsored

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm seeing solutions from $0 (adjusting the steering box) to over $1400 for the parts wilbornz posted. Is all of the $1400 in parts for making the steering more stable? If no, which parts are for this purpose?
i did all that with the exception of the track bar brace, i used the Synergy brace because it also braced the sector shaft of the steering box. i cant tell you which piece worked, but the combo of them all tightened my steering up to the first day i drove it off the lot. (i hate "better than stock") so much so, i've been running it without the steering stabilizer for over 2000 miles and not a wobble or dead spot to speak of.

brican

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I'm leaning towards Roky's recommendation for new Mopar LCAs and lower tire pressure to fix the caster issue caused by the Rubicon lift.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'm leaning towards Roky's recommendation for new Mopar LCAs and lower tire pressure to fix the caster issue caused by the Rubicon lift.
It’s only 60-70 bucks I think for the pair. So it’s your cheapest / easiest thing to try. I’m pretty confident that you’ll notice a considerable difference.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Just a note, My JLUR steers and drives great with the current stock set up. There is NOTHING wrong with my JLUR steering. I am in no hurry to install these parts. I bought these parts because I have 24,000+ miles on my lifted JLUR with heavy beadlock wheel and 37s. and I know that eventually I will do this.

I plan to off road from Arizona to Alaska when my wife retires in a year and a couple months. So I am using this time to upgrade the JLUR and bulletproof the JLUR as much as possible for when we full time Jeep. What I am trying to do is minimized the chance that my wife will have to walk 60 miles out of the mountains.

Sponsored

brican

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
wibornz, I've had multiple conversations about the sloppy steering on my 2019 JLR. One was with Roky and I think it would be a good starting point for me. I'm not sure why some JLs don't have steering issues and some do. Maybe whether it was built on Monday versus Wednesday. ;-)

OP
OP

gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
It did nothing for me. I had drift.. I had dead space (or the feeling of dead space) in my steering; with and without the Steersmarts setup. I even had the dealer swap out the steering box (on my own $ because they claimed nothing was wrong with the one installed).. After one of my friends who owns a Jeep shop in Cincy made a suggestion, I watched the youtube videos on the synergy bracket. He said he had partnered with the local Jeep dealership to see if it actually fixed the issue (apparently they had discussed and like what many of us saw, Jeep has/had an issue). The response was an overwhelming Yes, so I had him throw it on my JLUR. The difference was crazy. I could tell immediately the steering was tighter at side street speeds, and when I jumped on the highway, lets just say the best $300 I spent in a while (and yes, there were a few more items on that bill). Best of luck, but I would start with the Synergy bracket.. I'm not complaining, learned a lot about the steering with this adventure, but I would have saved a whole lot of money had I known this product existed.

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
Would this Synergy bracket work with the stock rubicon setup or does your Jeep have to be lifted? I bought the ss yeti track bar but yet to install. Personally, I just want to beef up the parts that matter most. I don’t plan on lifting my rubicon or adding bigger tires.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Would this Synergy bracket work with the stock rubicon setup or does your Jeep have to be lifted? I bought the ss yeti track bar but yet to install. Personally, I just want to beef up the parts that matter most. I don’t plan on lifting my rubicon or adding bigger tires.
Does not need to be lifted. If you get the brace, make sure to confirm that the hole in the brass bushing, is lined up with the grease fitting. And when you install/ have it installed, make sure to grease it real good with your finger before installing.

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
yes.

i just crossed 1000 miles on my full SS yeti set up with synergy brace at stock height.

Sponsored

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
I recently bought this set up.

Shopping cart
Product imageDescriptionQuantityPrice
Steer_smarts_JL_HD-N_STEERING_STABILIZER_small.png

JL HD-N Sterring Stabilizer1$84.99
XD_Flex_Steering_Stabilizer_Damper_Bracket_7_small.png

YETI XD Flex Steering Stabilizer / Damper Bracket (1-5/8 Inch Tie Rod)1$95.99
JL_Frame_Side_Trackbar_Reinforcement_Bracket_small.png

YETI XD JL Frame Side Trackbar Reinforcement Bracket1$164.99
_JLU_Stabilizer_Relocation_Bracket_Axle_Side_small.png

YETI XD JL/JLU Stabilizer Relocation Bracket (Axle Side)1$79.99
D_Jeep_JL_Jeep_JT_Adjustable_Front_Track_Bar_small.png

YETI XD JL/JT Adjustable Front Track Bar1$259.99
eep_Wrangler_JEEP_JL_JEEP_JT_Draglink_2018_7_small.png

YETI XD Jeep Wrangler JL/JT Draglink (2018+)Bottom Mount1$429.99
ngler_Jeep_JL_Jeep_JT_1-5-ton_Tie_Rod_2018_3_small.png

YETI XD Wrangler JL/JT 1½-ton Tie Rod (2018+)Rubicon1$429.99

I have not installed it yet (just got it and was gone over the weekend chasing badge of honor trails), but I am sure that everything will work as intended. Why, because this guy is who I consulted with on what to buy. He has done many JL upgrades and is very knowledgeable.

Dr. Deathwobble

He and his dad run one of the best 4x4 shops in the State of Michigan and companies hire him to do custom SEMA builds. Ken Farley Jr. is a super great guy and I have trusted him to do work like re-gearing my JLUR. He also started the Lansing Area Jeep Club and is very helpful to the Jeep community in our area.

We had about an hour or so conversation and he put this package together for me.
How are you liking your steering set up? Looking at these same components as I just got my JLUR with 37” KO2s on an RK lift. There’s been a lot of talk on different steering stabilizers and I noticed you’re running the Steer Smarts one vs. TF/Fox which I see thrown around all the time. Thanks in advance!

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
How are you liking your steering set up? Looking at these same components as I just got my JLUR with 37” KO2s on an RK lift. There’s been a lot of talk on different steering stabilizers and I noticed you’re running the Steer Smarts one vs. TF/Fox which I see thrown around all the time. Thanks in advance!
I like it. I was the only one out of the 4 JLURs that did the Rubicon trail that did not need an alignment after running the trails +Moab.

Binderboy

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU Sahara
i would put Steer Smart stuff on my truck, BUT it’s friggin impossible to get replies or speak to any one at Steer Smart. Worst customer service I have ever encountered. No replies to phone messages no email replies.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
i would put Steer Smart stuff on my truck, BUT it’s friggin impossible to get replies or speak to any one at Steer Smart. Worst customer service I have ever encountered. No replies to phone messages no email replies.
Try shooting them a DM on Instagram. They may just have a lot of stuff going on this week.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
I had the exact opposite experience. I called them as I hit a stop in the weeds and bent the tie rod end. I was boing about 15 mph towing my camper and came to an instant stop. The seatbelt saved me from smacking my face into the windshield. So a slight bend in the tie rod. Still wheeled all weekend, but got home, gave them a call and they had it waiting for me to pick up. Their shop is about 80 miles away.

When the dealer did the steering upgrade, They needed longer bolts because of the the Steersmart steering box brace. They next day shipped them to the dealership so they could put my Jeep back together.
Sponsored