Neohiofan

Neohiofan

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Thank you. I’ll research how to disconnect it and test then let you know. Thanks for advice.

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Disconnect the aux battery and check your charge level
Thank you. I’ll research how to disconnect it and test then let you know. Thanks for advice.
Let the dealer test it, he was being very vague there for you. You’ll need a multi meter also on hand. But In the photo below shows the ground from the aux battery for ya.

9B119326-5BCB-4E1A-A1A5-41F2D8F016D1.jpeg

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
What is with the idea on this forum that people can't do anything for themselves? Of course you need a multimeter. Everyone should own a multimeter.

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
What is with the idea on this forum that people can't do anything for themselves? Of course you need a multimeter. Everyone should own a multimeter.
Maybe some people don’t know, Mr. Know it all. Sad to see you just ASSUME everyone knows exactly what ya mean. And assuming everyone owns every “should own” tool. I mean he did say research on how disconnect it. I bet majority of people don’t realize that the aux battery is also buried up under fender liner either. Or what kind of damage can be done to the system if not properly doing some as simple as a jump start with poor clamp placement.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Maybe some people don’t know, Mr. Know it all. Sad to see you just ASSUME everyone knows exactly what ya mean. And assuming everyone owns every “should own” tool. I mean he did say research on how disconnect it. I bet majority of people don’t realize that the aux battery is also buried up under fender liner either. Or what kind of damage can be done to the system if not properly doing some as simple as a jump start with poor clamp placement.
It doesn't matter where the aux battery is physically located, it is connected to the main power circuit by two connections that are easily accessed. There is no need to get hostile, all the information he needs can be found with a quick forum search. There was no need to repost it. Why is encouragement viewed so negatively?

Also I don't assume they own a multimeter. I said they should.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
I can see both sides - gotta remember there are "Old-School Jeepers" and "Total Noobs", and everything in-between. We're all here to help each other out :jk:

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
It doesn't matter where the aux battery is physically located, it is connected to the main power circuit by two connections that are easily accessed. There is no need to get hostile, all the information he needs can be found with a quick forum search. There was no need to repost it. Why is encouragement viewed so negatively?

Also I don't assume they own a multimeter. I said they should.
Not hostile? And yeah encourage how to properly take the steps to test the voltage could have also been a great start also? Besides it’s all new and warranty hence the statement of take it to the dealer, so they can produce the good ol code and warranty him an aux and or both batteries that is all. But then again finding the dealers with people who actually care about the issues can be frustrating. Have yet to see tire size be an issue stop start doesn’t work and probably never will.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
All the knowledge in the world is available to those who seek it.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the knowledge in the world is available to those who seek it.
True, but some people just haven't figured out that whole Google thing :CWL:

Sponsored

chadly25

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mercedes CLS550, 2013 JKU Sport, 2018 JLUR
Do you still have stock wheels? I’d throw them back on. My guess is the ess error isn’t affected. Then take it to the dealer and don’t let them pretend this isn’t their issue to fix.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you still have stock wheels? I’d throw them back on. My guess is the ess error isn’t affected. Then take it to the dealer and don’t let them pretend this isn’t their issue to fix.
Not a bad idea. But with 37s I'm assuming a lift is also involved, hope they don't blame it on that :facepalm:

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
There's no guessing involved, wheels and tires don't affect ESS operation. If the ESS isn't giving the "not ready" notice for one of the normal reasons, there is something wrong in the electrical system.

chadly25

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mercedes CLS550, 2013 JKU Sport, 2018 JLUR
There's no guessing involved, wheels and tires don't affect ESS operation. If the ESS isn't giving the "not ready" notice for one of the normal reasons, there is something wrong in the electrical system.
Agreed, but dealers love to blame users for errors that they simply don’t want to fix. I’m dealing with one right now. It sucks, but you have to play the game.