Sponsored

Start/Stop Error

5Ma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU
Hi All,
Yesterday my 2018 Jeep JLUR battery died at a gas station. I was dropping off my daughter to school, pull over to get gas and then it won’t start back up. The guy at the station helped me jump started and while I was driving home, I notice the (A!) on my dash. I read a couple threads on the subject; everyone talks about the Aux battery being dead could drain the main battery as well. So I went out today and bought two new batteries (Main/Aux) and replaced them both but the (A!) warning is still on my dash. Will this go away after driving for awhile or do I have to take into the dealer for service?

Picture below was taken after the batteries are replaced.
1E943528-CCA2-4848-8026-1F781DCA0186.jpeg
Sponsored

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
FYI - there are some more electrical-savvy people on here, so just my 2 cents.

I take it that it now starts again on its own without needing a boost? Does your start/stop work at all, or is that warning light always on? Do you have access to an ODBII device to see if you are getting any error codes?

If you are still under your initial 3 year warranty, I would get it checked.

OP
OP
5Ma

5Ma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU
FYI - there are some more electrical-savvy people on here, so just my 2 cents.

I take it that it now starts again on its own without needing a boost? Does your start/stop work at all, or is that warning light always on? Do you have access to an ODBII device to see if you are getting any error codes?

If you are still under your initial 3 year warranty, I would get it checked.
Yes, it start now on its own without a boost. Warning light is still constantly and the start/stop doesn’t work

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
Yes, it start now on its own without a boost. Warning light is still constantly and the start/stop doesn’t work
While most people on this forum would be envious of a Start/Stop system that does not work, you should get it checked out.

The only other thing I was thinking was your fuses. Just for giggles, maybe check to make sure they are all seated. I have read of issues with it, but that is usually when the ride is new from the factory.

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
You should be able to use the up/dn arrows on the left side of the steering wheel to scroll to the start/stop screen and it will show a message relating to the current status.

Sponsored

OP
OP
5Ma

5Ma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU
You should be able to use the up/dn arrows on the left side of the steering wheel to scroll to the start/stop screen and it will show a message relating to the current status.
It just say “start/stop unavailable, service start stop system” but nothing else to let me know what’s wrong with it.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi All,
Yesterday my 2018 Jeep JLUR battery died at a gas station. I was dropping off my daughter to school, pull over to get gas and then it won’t start back up. The guy at the station helped me jump started and while I was driving home, I notice the (A!) on my dash. I read a couple threads on the subject; everyone talks about the Aux battery being dead could drain the main battery as well. So I went out today and bought two new batteries (Main/Aux) and replaced them both but the (A!) warning is still on my dash. Will this go away after driving for awhile or do I have to take into the dealer for service?

Picture below was taken after the batteries are replaced.
Jeep Wrangler JL Start/Stop Error 1E943528-CCA2-4848-8026-1F781DCA0186
Hi 5Ma,
We'd suggest having your vehicle diagnosed by your local dealer. If you need additional assistance, feel free to send us a PM. We'd be happy to help.

Sarah
Jeep Cares

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
If you have a trickle charger I would suggest you put it on a charger before going to the dealer, also if you have a meter what does each battery meter directly at the source, don’t look at the EVIC displayed voltage as it’s influenced by the alternator.

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
99% ESS battery gone bad, need replacement.
I encountered couple times during driving but error message was gone after engine restart. If messages keep getting back after multiple restart, then your battery probably needs to be replaced.

The moment I decide to get rid of it the moment it lights up on me.
Jeep Wrangler JL Start/Stop Error 810A0B9F-C14F-43C1-A268-31DB46294298
Sponsored