Squadbox Install

PSUdaemon

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Sorry to shred your silver lining but the gap cover is removed. Squadbox did my install.
I got it installed this past weekend and kept the gap cover. It's pretty snug though, but I run my seats folded down for my dogs and it shouldn't be a problem.
Sponsored

Taanto

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler
I got it installed this past weekend and kept the gap cover. It's pretty snug though, but I run my seats folded down for my dogs and it shouldn't be a problem.
Yeah I was completely wrong, the gap cover is retained. I have a sleeping pad wedged between the seats and the box, I took it out and revealed the cover. I thought it was missing last time I put the pad in.

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
Gotta ask (Jeep newbie - 2 years)

1. What is a gap cover? I am assuming this is to bridge the gap when seats are down? Where do you get this?
  2. I am having second thoughts on the Sqaudbox, like the concept, feel like it should be more friendly by now to install and not have issues, also the manf site is pretty... well, sparse in info. How does this compare to a Diabolical unit? Is it worth the $$?
Thanks

CAP77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Gotta ask (Jeep newbie - 2 years)

1. What is a gap cover? I am assuming this is to bridge the gap when seats are down? Where do you get this?
  2. I am having second thoughts on the Sqaudbox, like the concept, feel like it should be more friendly by now to install and not have issues, also the manf site is pretty... well, sparse in info. How does this compare to a Diabolical unit? Is it worth the $$?
Thanks
The two main reasons I went with the SquadBox was that it was obvious it can support weight on the top (albeit that's from pictures showing someone standing on it), and I didn't need to buy any additional parts to install. Since I only have a soft top, the Diabolical would have required purchasing the hard top mounting bolts. Yes, in the end I was short some screws, but it wasn't an issue as my garage has a lot of random parts in it.
Personally, I would have no problem ordering the SquadBox again, although I wouldn't count out the Diabolical if I had a chance to see one in person.

Rlhdude

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Limited Willys
I have SquadBox installed for about a year and like it. Has anyone had to remove a side for tail light bulb replacement or tailgate reinforcement upgrades? Part of SquadBox needs to be removed to do this. Installation was tough, not looking forward to messing with it again.

Sponsored

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Interested in this - I have a Goose Gear plate system. Do you think this is compatible with that?

photogal

First Name
Rhonda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda CX5
Occupation
Photographer
I hope someone can help! I received my Squadbox and trying to install it. I did not receive an email with install instructions or links to any videos for the JL. I didn't even receive a BOM. I just left a msg on their phone about this, but with it being a holiday weekend I doubt I hear back till next week. This has been a really frustrating experience and something that you shouldn't have to deal with when you spend this amount of money. Does anyone have install videos that you can forward to me? [email protected]

Thanks!

lifeguard17cp

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I hope someone can help! I received my Squadbox and trying to install it. I did not receive an email with install instructions or links to any videos for the JL. I didn't even receive a BOM. I just left a msg on their phone about this, but with it being a holiday weekend I doubt I hear back till next week. This has been a really frustrating experience and something that you shouldn't have to deal with when you spend this amount of money. Does anyone have install videos that you can forward to me? [email protected]

Thanks!
Sent you an email

mrw1zard

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S JLU
Two quick questions for owners. For those with the factory sub - can you slide the top part under the sub (when you take off the top). Assuming you can’t have a weather mat or anything back there. Also , anyone run one with a tailgate table too? How is the fit and which table? Love some photos if anyone has any. Thanks!
Sponsored