First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Today I installed a "dead pedal" on my Rubicon w/automatic. Amazon had at least 10 different brands that all looked (almost) identical. In theory, the installation is easy, just 3 bolts. In the real world the install was a little difficult due to the confined space.

The two (2) issues that made the install a little difficult, in addition to the confined space, were: 1.) the bracket with the two welded studs was difficult to install into the existing cast aluminum kick panel bracket, and 2.) installing the washer and nut on the "forward" side of the dead pedal (not visible in the photo below). I was able to use a 1/4" drive ratchet, 6" extension and 10 mm socket to tighten the two nuts to the bracket with the welded studs.

The dead pedal has three (3) positions for adjustment. I chose the middle position (I am 5' 8") hoping this would be correct (and luckily it was) because to you have to remove the pedal to change the adjustment and I did not want to do that. The pedal feels solid and it does add to the driving comfort. The pedal is up off of the carpet and does not interfere with the carpet or the floor mats.

Jeep Wrangler JL Dead Pedal Install my install

Click Here for Link

Jeep Wrangler JL Dead Pedal Install pedal
Sponsored

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
That looks similar to the one I installed on my Rubicon, makes for much more comfortable driving especially on long trips...

Grooster

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Cherokee Latitude
Occupation
IT Director
Installing that bracket is much easier if you stuff your glove behind the bracket and the bulkhead. The glove holds the bracket in place so you can get the nuts started. Works great and you get your glove back, too.
Sponsored