Squadbox Install

Taanto

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler
Alright guys, all concerns have been passed along to the squadbox owner. He is a really good dude and genuinely open to improving what seems to be an already awesome product. We are kicking around the idea of adding removable shocks to my install to allow the top to be propped open. Will let yall know how it goes and what feedback I get.

SnoWhite

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Alright guys, all concerns have been passed along to the squadbox owner. He is a really good dude and genuinely open to improving what seems to be an already awesome product. We are kicking around the idea of adding removable shocks to my install to allow the top to be propped open. Will let yall know how it goes and what feedback I get.
First of all: Thanks for keeping us updated!

Did Tyler mention by when he will put the new install video online?

Taanto

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler
First of all: Thanks for keeping us updated!

Did Tyler mention by when he will put the new install video online?
No problem. He did not, but I imagine editing will take some time. He wanted to break the video up in to user selectable sections so more handy installers could jump around to appropriate sections. I will ask.

SnoWhite

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
No problem. He did not, but I imagine editing will take some time. He wanted to break the video up in to user selectable sections so more handy installers could jump around to appropriate sections. I will ask.
Hi @Taanto, any news from Tyler? And how is your install/mod going? You said that you were going to try and include some sort of hinge for the top lid?

Sponsored

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
These latches clickety-clack, if you don't have the front or top covers installed:
Jeep Wrangler JL Squadbox Install 1623248982510

It doesn't bother me, but my fair lady in the front right seat asks, "What's that click-clack noise? Did you break something?" So, to silence the clacking (and her), I put these polyethylene foam cozies around the latches:
Jeep Wrangler JL Squadbox Install 1623249042523

I have the TRMS rails in the floor, so I just park the cozies in the rail when I have the covers on. I stash these cozies in the little cubby in the center of the rear cargo floor next to the array of holes that hold the roof bolts.

Last edited:

SnoWhite

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Hi @Taanto, any news from Tyler? And how is your install/mod going? You said that you were going to try and include some sort of hinge for the top lid?
Hi @Taanto, as some weeks have passed by: Are there still no news from Tyler? The video still hasn’t been uploaded yet (at least not where I could find it…). It be very much appreciated, if you could please bring us up to speed concerning your install and the issues that have been raised.

Thanks a lot and best regards!

Taanto

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler
Hi @Taanto, as some weeks have passed by: Are there still no news from Tyler? The video still hasn’t been uploaded yet (at least not where I could find it…). It be very much appreciated, if you could please bring us up to speed concerning your install and the issues that have been raised.

Thanks a lot and best regards!
Yeah sorry guys, life caught up with me. I raised all of the concerns with Squadbox and he said they would all be addressed. He did say that they added counter-sinking in a couple areas to remedy some boltface fitment issues.

I am happy with mine. The material used is thick and heavy. I would have total confidence jumping on top of the box without it breaking. I did have to make some adjustments on mine, nothing too major. It started to rattle about a month after the install and I noticed that the latches for the rear face were not properly spaced to provide a strong hold, they were just barely applying pressure. I moved them back about 1/5th of an inch and were good now. I also put 90 degree brackets on the rear section of my one touch to allow the lid to clip up and stay open. It works well. I lost my keys to the locking storage day 1, so Ill have to figure that out.

If I could go back in time I would buy this box again. Definitely recommend it.

PSUdaemon

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I just tried to do this installation yesterday and I ran out of screws. However, I also had some extra parts of which I used none. Does anybody know where these pieces are used?

1C4D1653-D46A-4378-82B9-DBD52D41A864.jpeg

CAP77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I just tried to do this installation yesterday and I ran out of screws. However, I also had some extra parts of which I used none. Does anybody know where these pieces are used?

Jeep Wrangler JL Squadbox Install 1C4D1653-D46A-4378-82B9-DBD52D41A864
I installed mine on Saturday, and also ran out of screws. Were you short the 1" Philips head? I had the quantity on the BOM, but not what was needed to install.
After watching the video a few times, I finally figured out that the square pieces with an offset hole is a space between the side and the seat bracket. Had to redo the right side, as I installed it without the spacer. I also have the lower left items extra, but I'm not sure about the top brackets.

Sponsored

PSUdaemon

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I installed mine on Saturday, and also ran out of screws. Were you short the 1" Philips head? I had the quantity on the BOM, but not what was needed to install.
After watching the video a few times, I finally figured out that the square pieces with an offset hole is a space between the side and the seat bracket. Had to redo the right side, as I installed it without the spacer. I also have the lower left items extra, but I'm not sure about the top brackets.
I didn't get any BOM with mine. Also, I am not sure if I used the wrong screws in some places, but I felt like I ran out of the star bit ones. I had exactly enough of the philips head ones. Is the video you watched the JK video? I didn't see any of my extra parts in the beginning of that video where he goes over all the parts. And the only online instructions/BOM I could find were also for a JK.

CAP77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I didn't get any BOM with mine. Also, I am not sure if I used the wrong screws in some places, but I felt like I ran out of the star bit ones. I had exactly enough of the philips head ones. Is the video you watched the JK video? I didn't see any of my extra parts in the beginning of that video where he goes over all the parts. And the only online instructions/BOM I could find were also for a JK.
I had an email from Tyler that had a PDF of instructions that included a BOM, and links to several videos for the in-vehicle install. These were geared for a JL. It came with the tracking number for the shipment.

PSUdaemon

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I had an email from Tyler that had a PDF of instructions that included a BOM, and links to several videos for the in-vehicle install. These were geared for a JL. It came with the tracking number for the shipment.
Just found that in my spam box. I’ll take a watch and see if I can answer my questions. Thanks.

PSUdaemon

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
So after having looked at the videos and the pre-assembly instructions, I have to say I am very frustrated.

First off, not having these on the website. Why not? I am able to find JK ones (as well as a JK install video on an official looking youtube page), and having found those I am left to assume there were no others. At least finding nothing would force me to look harder. Attaching 10 videos and a PDF to an email is a sure fire way to get it snagged in a spam filter.

Second, it does indeed look like I got all the parts the BOM specified, but they are simply not enough to assemble as the instructions indicate. That seems like a huge oversight. I am missing washers (3) and screws (5). I did use the wrong screws in one place, but it doesn't really matter because I didn't have enough of the correct screw anyway.

Third, I am frustrated because I now realize that I have to take my hard top off to do the install. That makes it a much harder job than I originally thought. I basically cannot possibly do this without help and more space to put the top.

Silver lining, I was unsure if the gap cover was going to be able to stay, but it looks like it was meant to fit with that. Here's to little blessings...

Taanto

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler
So after having looked at the videos and the pre-assembly instructions, I have to say I am very frustrated.

First off, not having these on the website. Why not? I am able to find JK ones (as well as a JK install video on an official looking youtube page), and having found those I am left to assume there were no others. At least finding nothing would force me to look harder. Attaching 10 videos and a PDF to an email is a sure fire way to get it snagged in a spam filter.

Second, it does indeed look like I got all the parts the BOM specified, but they are simply not enough to assemble as the instructions indicate. That seems like a huge oversight. I am missing washers (3) and screws (5). I did use the wrong screws in one place, but it doesn't really matter because I didn't have enough of the correct screw anyway.

Third, I am frustrated because I now realize that I have to take my hard top off to do the install. That makes it a much harder job than I originally thought. I basically cannot possibly do this without help and more space to put the top.

Silver lining, I was unsure if the gap cover was going to be able to stay, but it looks like it was meant to fit with that. Here's to little blessings...
Sorry to shred your silver lining but the gap cover is removed. Squadbox did my install.
Sponsored