Sponsored

Sport..

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
The Sports look good, I know there is a bunch of overshadowing from the higher trims,which is pretty typical, but the sport is a really great package... the one and only thing that baffles me ( and I believe they will change it in the not too distant future) is the lack of factory ordered LED lights.
I was researching aftermarket options today for my Sport S and then I thought, has it even been verified if the JLU are still the standard 7in lights?
Sponsored

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
I was researching aftermarket options today for my Sport S and then I thought, has it even been verified if the JLU are still the standard 7in lights?
No they are not, the only confirmed option you have as of right now is to order the Mopar ones from their “catalog” others will follow, I must say though, this is prob a case where buying OEM is worth it... reviews have been good and they’ll be proven... I bought plenty of not so cheap LED headlights for my current JKU and wasn’t happy with any of them, I’m thankful there is now an OEM option as I ordered a Rubi, but I’m confused why at least for now they aren’t factory offering them on the sport.... although you can put them on after the fact.

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
No they are not, the only confirmed option you have as of right now is to order the Mopar ones from their “catalog” others will follow, I must say though, this is prob a case where buying OEM is worth it... reviews have been good and they’ll be proven... I bought plenty of not so cheap LED headlights for my current JKU and wasn’t happy with any of them, I’m thankful there is now an OEM option as I ordered a Rubi, but I’m confused why at least for now they aren’t factory offering them on the sport.... although you can put them on after the fact.
Lol this won't be my daily driver. This will be a long drawed out build and will end with Dana 60s and 42s or 40s probably. This is my cool factor truck. I'm hoping to get some of those color changing headlights with the matching fog lights so OEM is not a option. I'll just have to be patient.

Orly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Tacoma, 04 Sienna, 06 Suzuki Boulevard
Occupation
Healthcare
Dealer videos of the Sport are starting to show up on youtube.

Here's a walk around of a Sport S.

Nice find, thx

The JW Speaker LED where said to be very good. Anyways, by the time I buy a jeep there will likely be more LED headlamp options or the MOPARs to fall back on.

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
has it even been verified if the JLU are still the standard 7in lights?
No they are not
Is this 100% certain? I know in one video Mark Allen said the JL lights are bigger. But then in the TFL live review they measured them and said they're both 7 in.

Sponsored

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
That makes much sense.
Thanks for clarifying

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
Is this 100% certain? I know in one video Mark Allen said the JL lights are bigger. But then in the TFL live review they measured them and said they're both 7 in.
Those guys taking 2 second with their tape measure not even accounting for the curvature of the headlight...not exactly scientific...yes the lights are bigger, no the JK ones probably won't work without some kind of retrofitting, but I guess we will find out soon enough.

Sponsored

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
We're very excited to get some parts on this beast as soon as possible!

The headlights are still 7" in diameter. We're unsure whether or not a JK headlight will fit into the headlight bucket. My guess would be that it doesn't since the grille re-design, but we'll have to test it out to confirm.

The fuel door seems to be the same size as the JK, although the mounting points would have to be examined before we can be 100% sure that a JK fuel door will fit. I would like to assume that it would considering it would be easier to keep consistency on Jeeps end of manufacturing.

From a body mount standpoint it looks like a JK side step might fit, although we won't know for sure until we actually try and bolt one up.

In the upcoming weeks we're going to be trying to install a ton of aftermarket JK parts to see what does and doesn't carry over, so make sure to keep an eye out for future videos!

-Jake

IMG_20180112_0948411_zpspibgjdu7.jpg

IMG_20180112_0949461_zpsexmqprfp.jpg
Those guys taking 2 second with their tape measure not even accounting for the curvature of the headlight...not exactly scientific...yes the lights are bigger, no the JK ones probably won't work without some kind of retrofitting, but I guess we will find out soon enough.
Looks like they're still 7 in. Size measurement of headlights doesn't take into consideration the curvature of the lens. Either way it looks like the JK aftermarket or stock lights won't transfer. Maybe mark mean "bigger" based on the housing. That thing is huge- see the ACE build thread.

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
Looks like they're still 7 in. Size measurement of headlights doesn't take into consideration the curvature of the lens. Either way it looks like the JK aftermarket or stock lights won't transfer. Maybe mark mean "bigger" based on the housing. That thing is huge- see the ACE build thread.
Thanks...Those are huge!!! looking at that i don't see any feasible way the JK lights could be made to work with the JL, sure anything is possible but it looks like the best bet would be JL specific lights.
Sponsored