Sponsored

JLU Sport vs JLU Sport S

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
Nice Sports! Which hitch did you get?
Also I notice the red tow hook which looks awesome!
It's the curt tow hitch..I got it from etrailer. 122 bucks. Made to fit. literally easiest mod ever.

Reactions: zyt

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
Nice Sports! Which hitch did you get?
Also I notice the red tow hook which looks awesome!
I paid the hook with red caliper paint. Here is the rubicon rack rails.

20180515_162359.jpg

Reactions: zyt

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
Sport and Sport S don't have a tilt/telescoping steering wheel, correct? That, the lack of available LED headlights, and the smaller brakes are the only things that make me leery of the Sport S. Otherwise, the upgraded Sport S wheels are my favorite of the bunch (better than either Rubicon wheels even).

The 8.4" screen would be nice too, but functionality is the same as the smaller screen, so meh.

Sponsored

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sport and Sport S don't have a tilt/telescoping steering wheel, correct? That, the lack of available LED headlights, and the smaller brakes are the only things that make me leery of the Sport S. Otherwise, the upgraded Sport S wheels are my favorite of the bunch (better than either Rubicon wheels even).

The 8.4" screen would be nice too, but functionality is the same as the smaller screen, so meh.
Mine has tilt and telescopic steering ;)

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

The tilt/telescope is standard. I agree on the upgraded Sport S wheels and the headlights.

I think you have to decide how big you are going to go on Lift/Tires. For 37" a Rubicon is a no-brainer. Beefier front axle, better gears, and bigger brakes. 35" it's a close call. For 33" I think the Sport/S is great.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
My first JKU was a Sport. With 3 kids, it quickly became a royal pain in the *** to have to reach around and lock/unlock the back doors, get out of the Jeep to roll the windows up/down for my young kids, use the key to lock/unlock the rear cargo area all the time, etc. After 12 months of dealing with that crap, I upgraded to a JKU Sport S just to get the power windows and locks. The alloy wheels, tinted glass, leather wrapped steering wheel, larger tires, etc. was just an added bonus the way I saw it.

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mine has tilt and telescopic steering ;)
no
My first JKU was a Sport. With 3 kids, it quickly became a royal pain in the *** to have to reach around and lock/unlock the back doors, get out of the Jeep to roll the windows up/down for my young kids, use the key to lock/unlock the rear cargo area all the time, etc. After 12 months of dealing with that crap, I upgraded to a JKU Sport S just to get the power windows and locks. The alloy wheels, tinted glass, leather wrapped steering wheel, larger tires, etc. was just an added bonus the way I saw it.
You made a good decision with the upgrade sir.

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It's the curt tow hitch..I got it from etrailer. 122 bucks. Made to fit. literally easiest mod ever.
Oh, and when installing, you DON'T need to drop the muffler. Disregard that in the instructions. There is absolutely no need as the bolts slide in right above the muffler. MOPAR definitely had their ducks in a row when designing this one.

Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I’m all about the open air and it’s a pain in the ass going up to each door to hand crank the windows down and then back up when I park. Not to even mention locking and unlocking each door every time you need to work around the vehicle.

22hvjeepgirl

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S (ordered)
Occupation
Teacher
I'm all for the sport s, after doing several different builds and comparing prices. I ordered the options I wanted, and will do a couple simple aftermarket mods to save money, like take off wheels and tires and LED lights.
My JLU order:
sport s - includes pwr wndw/locks, telescoping wheel with audio controls, etc....
trailer tow pkg
technology
convenience
alpine stereo upgrade
cold weather pkg
hard top
I saved over 2000 in comparison to a sahara or willys that I would have put mods on anyway.
I'm still waiting for my Jeep to be born.....build date 5/31. Finger crossed!!!!
Sponsored