Reaction score
Website
www.extremeterrain.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Social Media Community Coordinator
It's finally here!!
We went and picked up our 2018 Sahara Unlimited earlier this week and we have to say it's everything we expected and more!

2018 Sahara JLU

• Granite Crystal Metallic
  • 3.6L
  • 8 Speed Automatic
  • Anti-Spin Differential
  • Selec-Trac Full Time 4WD System
  • Led Lighting Group
  • Cold Weather Group
  • Trailer Tow and HD Electrical Group
  • Electronic Infotainment System Group
  • Hard Top
  • 18 x 7.5 inch Polished Wheels with Gray Spokes
  • Black Leather Interior
  • 8.4" Uconnect Display
  • Alpine Premium Audio System
Check out our full review video + off-road test drive!!
Click Here - http://terrain.jp/XT2018JLWrangler
JLWranglerLifestyle_zpsif1fp9a7.jpg

What should we do to it first?!

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
XTJake

XTJake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.extremeterrain.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Change those awful tires!
That's definitely one of the first things that we plan on doing! Highway tires belong in the trash...

-Jake

Rambeaux

First Name
John J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Willys JKU
Occupation
Aircraft Doctor
Congrats! Exciting times we livin in!

Sponsored

OP
OP
XTJake

XTJake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.extremeterrain.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
I want to see some flat fenders :like:
Curious as to how the aftermarket handles the blinkers & DRL's
You and me both! I feel like aftermarket companies will really be able to create some awesome products that incorporate the blinkers and DRL's.

-Jake

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
Congrats!! Will be waiting for your aftermarket products!!
1. Please confirm the size of these headlights. Is it bigger than 7''? Can you fit in a aftermarket JK's LED headlights?
2. Fuel door- would JK's fit?
3. Side step- I assume with the longer wheelbase, JK's side step would not fit. New designs in the pipeline or adopters?

cbasil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Congrats! Yes, first things first ditch the awful AT tires and that hideous front bumper. I can't wait to see what yous guys do to it!

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Do the JKU 3.6L exhausts fit the JLU?

Sponsored

OP
OP
XTJake

XTJake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.extremeterrain.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Congrats!! Will be waiting for your aftermarket products!!
1. Please confirm the size of these headlights. Is it bigger than 7''? Can you fit in a aftermarket JK's LED headlights?
2. Fuel door- would JK's fit?
3. Side step- I assume with the longer wheelbase, JK's side step would not fit. New designs in the pipeline or adopters?
We're very excited to get some parts on this beast as soon as possible!

The headlights are still 7" in diameter. We're unsure whether or not a JK headlight will fit into the headlight bucket. My guess would be that it doesn't since the grille re-design, but we'll have to test it out to confirm.

The fuel door seems to be the same size as the JK, although the mounting points would have to be examined before we can be 100% sure that a JK fuel door will fit. I would like to assume that it would considering it would be easier to keep consistency on Jeeps end of manufacturing.

From a body mount standpoint it looks like a JK side step might fit, although we won't know for sure until we actually try and bolt one up.

In the upcoming weeks we're going to be trying to install a ton of aftermarket JK parts to see what does and doesn't carry over, so make sure to keep an eye out for future videos!

-Jake

IMG_20180112_0948411_zpspibgjdu7.jpg

IMG_20180112_0949461_zpsexmqprfp.jpg

OP
OP
XTJake

XTJake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.extremeterrain.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Do the JKU 3.6L exhausts fit the JLU?
An axle-back system may fit just from a quick glance at the hanger locations. We'll have to test it out though! I would have to say that a cat-back system won't fit though. They re-designed a good amount of the piping between the rear axle and the motor. They did finally update the exhaust near the front driveshaft though including the "loop". You no longer will need an exhaust spacer when going over a 2.5" lift :clap:.

-Jake

IMG_20180112_0950131_zpsj8ia7bh8.jpg
IMG_20180112_0950271_zpskq3xaxnu.jpg
IMG_20180112_0951281_zpsukxokztu.jpg

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
We're very excited to get some parts on this beast as soon as possible!

The headlights are still 7" in diameter. We're unsure whether or not a JK headlight will fit into the headlight bucket. My guess would be that it doesn't since the grille re-design, but we'll have to test it out to confirm.

The fuel door seems to be the same size as the JK, although the mounting points would have to be examined before we can be 100% sure that a JK fuel door will fit. I would like to assume that it would considering it would be easier to keep consistency on Jeeps end of manufacturing.

From a body mount standpoint it looks like a JK side step might fit, although we won't know for sure until we actually try and bolt one up.

In the upcoming weeks we're going to be trying to install a ton of aftermarket JK parts to see what does and doesn't carry over, so make sure to keep an eye out for future videos!

-Jake

IMG_20180112_0948411_zpspibgjdu7.jpg

IMG_20180112_0949461_zpsexmqprfp.jpg
Thank you so much to take the time to check on them. Can't wait for future videos and products.

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
An axle-back system may fit just from a quick glance at the hanger locations. We'll have to test it out though! I would have to say that a cat-back system won't fit though. They re-designed a good amount of the piping between the rear axle and the motor. They did finally update the exhaust near the front driveshaft though including the "loop". You no longer will need an exhaust spacer when going over a 2.5" lift :clap:.

-Jake

IMG_20180112_0950131_zpsj8ia7bh8.jpg
IMG_20180112_0950271_zpskq3xaxnu.jpg
IMG_20180112_0951281_zpsukxokztu.jpg

Thank you for checking on this. A axle back is one of the first things I'll be doing along with rims/tires. I don't like the look of the single exhaust tip and would like a little more rumble.

Excited to see what you guys do with your Jeep as well as the side by side with the JK comparison. I love your videos. They're some of the only ones I'll go through and watch the whole thing. Also like your site so will be ordering most of my products there!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.