Not open for further replies.

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
@XTJake when are you guys going to start selling parts?

Would also be cool if you guys tried on various JK front bumpers. I’m thinking of getting a Fab Fours Vengence.
Sponsored

Madora

First Name
Meg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Ram Rebel
So we've found out that the only thing that swaps over from the JK is the front bumper unfortunately...

-Jake
So the front JK bumpers look to fit on the JL? That would be awesome. I figured rear bumpers would be less likely to be compatible with the lower spare. And I curious what manufacturers are going to do with the license plate.

OP
OP
XTJake

XTJake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.extremeterrain.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Social Media Community Coordinator
@XTJake when are you guys going to start selling parts?

Would also be cool if you guys tried on various JK front bumpers. I’m thinking of getting a Fab Fours Vengence.
We should start carrying parts very very soon! Make sure to keep an eye out ;)

We'll definitely be trying on a couple of different bumpers to see what does and doesn't fit. Certain ones like the Fab Fours Vengeance will be tough to cross-over from the JK to the JL though because of the different grille/fender design. Also Fab Fours may have to make an alternate version for the Rubicon as well because of the raised "high-line" fenders.

So the front JK bumpers look to fit on the JL? That would be awesome. I figured rear bumpers would be less likely to be compatible with the lower spare. And I curious what manufacturers are going to do with the license plate.
A majority of front bumper do bolt up directly to the JL! The only issue would be styling ques, and whether or not JK bumpers will follow the body lines of the new JL. The rear frame of the JL is actually wider than the JK so no JK rear bumpers will cross-over to the JL unfortunately. I'm also excited though to see what companies will do about the location of the license plate! I know a majority of people don't necessarily like mounting on their spare tire, so it should be interesting to see what happens.

-Jake

Sponsored

Rugged Ridge

First Name
Rugged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, LJ, TJ, YJ, XJ, MJ, WJ, CJ, WIllys, J10, 41 Prototypes, Wagons, M715, Wagoneer
So, JK sidesteps won't mount directly to a JL?

How about a JK vs JL hitch? This Rugged Ridge hitch suggests they are identical. Is it a direct match, both mechanical & electrical?
http://www.ruggedridge.com/hitch-kit-2-inch-ball-11580-54.html
The JK hitch will not fit the JL. The wiring is on the opposite side and the hitch itself needs some changes made. Some of the info that go release is wrong and got put out. We are working on a hitch and hope to have it soon, but we do not have anything that will work at this time

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
Vehicle Showcase
The JK hitch will not fit the JL. The wiring is on the opposite side and the hitch itself needs some changes made. Some of the info that go release is wrong and got put out. We are working on a hitch and hope to have it soon, but we do not have anything that will work at this time
Thanks for answering.
But, I've already ordered the hitch and planned to put it on this weekend. I'll tinker anyway & post my findings.

EDIT: I just installed a JK hitch on my JLU. It physically fits. I'll check wiring later this weekend.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JZQXJ3K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
IMG_1215.JPG
IMG_1217.jpg
IMG_1219.jpg

Last edited:

Rugged Ridge

First Name
Rugged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, LJ, TJ, YJ, XJ, MJ, WJ, CJ, WIllys, J10, 41 Prototypes, Wagons, M715, Wagoneer
Thanks for answering.
But, I've already ordered the hitch and planned to put it on this weekend. I'll tinker anyway & post my findings.

EDIT: I just installed a JK hitch on my JLU. It physically fits. I'll check wiring later this weekend.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JZQXJ3K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
IMG_1215.JPG
IMG_1217.jpg
IMG_1219.jpg
There are a few issues that we do not want the average consumer to have to deal with, this is why we say it does not fit. We already have one specific for the JL in the works that should be here as soon as we can get them (updates to make the install easier). The wiring is not even close as the JL wiring is on the passenger side and that harness is for the driver side. To my knowledge the wires and plugs are different as well.

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
I was told that although a JK front bumper will probably fit the attachment points of a Jl, there is an extension on the front end that will interfere slightly with many JK winch plates. Could the winch plate be cut down to miss the extension?

OP
OP
XTJake

XTJake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.extremeterrain.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
I was told that although a JK front bumper will probably fit the attachment points of a Jl, there is an extension on the front end that will interfere slightly with many JK winch plates. Could the winch plate be cut down to miss the extension?

We went ahead and put a Barricade Trail Force HD front bumper on our JL and there seems to be no interference issues. Maybe there are issues with very specific manufacturer's bumpers? I do have to say that the factory skid plate mounts point down from the bottom of the bumper and are pretty visible without a skid plate installed.

-Jake

64zQ5-eiv7gFdUftGL4WztPoTykuVCICra1KVVyqOZ0xrJ47PjUh-y2t1nvDrrRPFWk2ApO3G59ujaQE3Iw=w713-h949-no.jpg

9zZpga_yctw1_G6C1rU15Z9OYYE4OZ12d5ZcKef6ZzvFoJPu0sn53GkhaynFGsvkOISPkGbbgvNtYlFLaTY=w713-h949-no.jpg

GVIF4XBGPhq4MPy_dC__vB3oMaQ6KD1swQ8XSpwNzlBbtv3K9cvpiFOP8jytycYq1YsgDsppm-vsWLY6Uxk=w713-h949-no.jpg

BjwhE0EYnU7dgpwR4Hd_HU-TAhCsuG8LAbYSTlbUj3r33YpIfdBSeeKHeyaMPNPvm8etCXH2z2JB5po74dM=w713-h949-no.jpg

Sponsored

Rugged Ridge

First Name
Rugged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We have found that a non winch plate and non high clearance end JK bumper will fit the JL (high clearance end bumpers will fit the Rubicon). The JL fog lights will not fit. There are 3 different types of fog light housings used on the JL.

OP
OP
XTJake

XTJake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.extremeterrain.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Our 2018 JL Wrangler Parts Page is LIVE!!
http://terrain.jp/2018JLPartsPage

We're adding new products daily so make sure you keep checking back regularly to stay up to date on what we have in stock. We're also happy to announce that there is a JLWranglerForum specific discount code that is available for use by all active forum members.

All you need to do in order to obtain the discount code is send me a PM!!

We also offer price-matching as well
-Jake
TrL2XMUjBuF2u6rs3qMQzXz_q3YGpuLx5W8BINCJshBIjHk35oUWyeOT1DOivqByMzpbdbgY1I-xScx-8g=w1423-h949-no.jpg

6p4FkhB8QZktLFTsTAPeVMP9S0vVX3NpvnnH7GZRRekAUwhAqqm5VBapin7Xlz8Xh2X3u_sQM1W0zqssxE=w1423-h949-no.jpg

eCu1P57Ct8qcj3IpYVEcEEi1QfU-Pcci7FFWEbMCcRYFSfcedGh-vVgzuU2nV-3UPhyUcAN83vUPc_hUmU=w1423-h949-no.jpg

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Jake,

I see you mounted the 17's on the Sahara, but did you try the 16's on a Rubicon?
  • Mammoth Boulder Beadlock Style Black Wheels 16x8 (backspacing? offset? weight?)

:fingerscrossed:

jayz235

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara
Personally, I'm absolutely loving the look of your Sahara! I'll be following this build very closely as I begin adding more parts.

It's difficult to tell from the glare, but did this JK bumper accept the factory LED foglight from the JL?

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
Hi,
Are there any side steps for JL available yet?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.