Sponsored

Sport..

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Is anyone else really starting to become bothered by the lack of coverage/photos of the JL Sport? Why is it that we have seen every square inch of the Rubicon and Sahara, but have only seen the Sport in the background of all shots?!?! This is getting ricidulous! Jeep released ONE PHOTO of the Sport.. and that photo is a sh*tty one from the brochure. Are they not proud of/confident in the product?..

The Sport makes up majority of the sales. This just proves that Jeep is showing us what we COULD have (Rubicon), but will end up stiffing us for what we’ll eventually settle for (Sport) due to ludicrous pricing. Using Rubi as bait to get buyers interested, and then.. “oh wait.. you can’t afford that one.. here’s the Sport!”
:headbang::punch:
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I am a Sport S JLU buyer and I have also had to pick through articles and videos just to find a couple of Sport S shots. I don't think I like the Sport S wheels so I am trying to get some good views of them and I haven't found many. Also no clear shot of the Sport S interior yet. No good shots of the Sport seats.

Pretty frustrating.

Hitman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I plan on ordering a Sport S whenever Ocean Blue is available. I too am frustrated by the lack of pictures/reviews/information on the Sport. Hopefully I can view various options and configurations on the dealer lot.

theonerunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Assuming you put on aftermarket fenders, will the Sport be able to handle 35" tires with no lift? I'm trying to figure out just how different the factory suspension will be from the Sahara/Rubicon models.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Assuming you put on aftermarket fenders, will the Sport be able to handle 35" tires with no lift? I'm trying to figure out just how different the factory suspension will be from the Sahara/Rubicon models.
The Sport will need a 2" lift, and wheel spacers or new offset wheels to fit 35s without rubbing. Fender mods possibly.

Sponsored

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
There is not much but is a quick glance

p_713wqjz41.jpg

p_713zd4ko2.jpg

p_713eify53.jpg

p_713ehxz41.jpg

Last edited:

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Remember, with a new model, and initial dealer stock, they'll likely focus on the Sahara and Rubicon to take full advantage of the hype, excitement, and early adopters, to maximize profit. I'm sure they'll get the Sport numbers up soon. According to what we've seen on the forum from Jay, they have made some Sports, but they are the smallest percentage right now.

Those are great pics, btw, Ahmed! Nice looking Sport there!

OP
OP

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Would REALLY appreciate it if someone would use their photoshop skills to add 2 inches of lift to this photo

4FB7B76C-925D-4D3C-8277-773F78FF7AB4.jpeg

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
I'm not really worried. With this JLU Sport S being my first Wrangler, I'm sure I'll be more than pleased. I've seen the 7in screen that I upgraded too, I ordered black cloth which is gonna be switched for red leather anyway. When it gets here, I'll wait til I can get a lift but in the meantime, buy some 35s and rims or wait and see just how strong the axels really are and if my shop is comfortable with 37s after axel reinforcements. Won't be taking it off road anytime soon. Buying Wrangler for open air experience, not off-road ability. Then a few years later, I'll switch to Dana 60s and go obnoxious with the truck build...then take it offroad lol. For now though, it'll be in stage 1 aka "Weekend Mall Warrior" mode lol

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I dont know the last time some of you have followed a new launch, but recent trends from launches I have seen have really focused on the high end models. I followed the new Nissan Titan XD launch and for a long time the only pictures and info was on the 4 door platinum reserve. They didnt even release their base model S trim or single cabs for over a year from the original launch. These guys want to maximize profits and demand with the most expensive and profitable trims first. Add in that they want the JK sports to sell without discounting. Is it frustrating? Yes. Is it surprising? No.

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Those Sport S alloys look like knock offs of the Sport Steelies.