Sponsored

JLU Sport vs JLU Sport S

SuperSanta503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
As best I can tell the difference between the JLU Sport and Sport S is the Sport S adds:

deep tinted sunscreen rear and quarter windows (opposed to standard glass in the Sport)
power windows
power door locks
power heated mirrors
17" aluminum rims (opposed to 17" steel rims)
keyless entry

The price difference between trims being around $3200. The only two things I would add to either base model would be the floor mats and hard top, which seem worth it for the $$. The JK's appeared to have the same residual value for both trims. My best guess on a 48 month lease shows a $25 per month increase which totals $1200. At first I thought it was not worth it to me, however now I am thinking the Sport S is the way to go. How many of you would go for the Sport S over the Sport?
Sponsored

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Some news on the topic of Sport and Sport S:

A55B3D37-463F-47DA-B429-4A487C8455C5.jpeg

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
The sport S also offers a lot more options than the sport. To me there are still a lot of options that even the sport S doesn’t have so I will be probably going Rubicon or Sahara. The cost of the cosmetic upgrades I’d do to the Sahara pretty much equals the price of the Rubicon and on the rubicon I wouldn’t have to really do anything. Plus get the added capability and better resale

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
So, on the Unlimited model A/C is standard across the board? That makes the S model a little less worth it.

On the 2-door you almost have to go with the S model or greater. No A/C sucks. A dealer here had one that sat on the lot for 15 months.

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
So, on the Unlimited model A/C is standard across the board? That makes the S model a little less worth it.

On the 2-door you almost have to go with the S model or greater. No A/C sucks. A dealer here had one that sat on the lot for 15 months.
Dunno. I've used my A/C twice this year. And if I could drop my windshield as easily as the JL, I might have only used it once.

Sponsored

iflyimpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0T, JLU Sport S
As best I can tell the difference between the JLU Sport and Sport S is the Sport S adds:

deep tinted sunscreen rear and quarter windows (opposed to standard glass in the Sport)
power windows
power door locks
power heated mirrors
keyless entry

The price difference between trims being around $3200. The only two things I would add to either base model would be the floor mats and hard top, which seem worth it for the $$. The JK's appeared to have the same residual value for both trims. My best guess on a 48 month lease shows a $25 per month increase which totals $1200. At first I thought it was not worth it to me, however now I am thinking the Sport S is the way to go. How many of you would go for the Sport S over the Sport?
I'd personally prefer the Sport S over the Sport. When I started playing around with the builder online (JK) not too long ago, there seemed to be too many options that weren't available on the Sport such as power windows, locks, hard top, etc. that I would like.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I could probably live with manual crank windows, but not manual locking doors.

Just think of all the times you'd need a free hand to insert the key to unlock the door rather than simply unlocking using the remote key fob, especially with your hands full. I think this would become a real inconvenience after being spoiled by remote unlocks for the past 20 years.

I'm so OCD I'd have to check each door and tailgate every time I leave the vehicle to make sure they are all manually locked with the Sport.

Power windows, I could leave or take. Manual windows should prove to be more reliable and make lighter doors.

I may consider a Dual Top option after seeing the new soft top take down. So that's not available with the Sport either.

Oh and the heated mirrors seem important for cold icy climates.

ricku

Threads
Reaction score
The sport S also offers a lot more options than the sport. To me there are still a lot of options that even the sport S doesn’t have so I will be probably going Rubicon or Sahara. The cost of the cosmetic upgrades I’d do to the Sahara pretty much equals the price of the Rubicon and on the rubicon I wouldn’t have to really do anything. Plus get the added capability and better resale
Is there a link to the options, packages, etc. available on the Sport/Sport S ?

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd

Sponsored

eztarget

First Name
Ez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Sahara
Why get rid of the two door Sahara. So glad I bought a 2017 2 door loaded Sahara before it was sunsetted.

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation

power windows
power door locks
power heated mirrors
keyless entry

I purchased a 2018 JLU Sport S. This was the perfect buy as it had everything I wanted and nothing I didnt need. It's a nicely equipped package that is customizable, more so than the Rubicon and Sahara. There isn't much more on the Sahara to be honest; perhaps leather seats and a slightly bigger screen which doesn't matter to me. This comes with Appleplay and google uconnect so you dont even need the sahara navigation as most people use their phone. That's what this does :) I get the ability to use my WAZE app on this screen.

Mine even has the remote start, power everything, security system with upgraded rims.i bought the 2 inch receiver hitch and installed it in 10 minutes and also a pair of rubicon rock rails which took 15 minutes to install.

20180509_212004.jpg

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
Nice Sports! Which hitch did you get?
Also I notice the red tow hook which looks awesome!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I purchased a 2018 JLU Sport S. This was the perfect buy as it had everything I wanted and nothing I didnt need. It's a nicely equipped package that is customizable, more so than the Rubicon and Sahara. There isn't much more on the Sahara to be honest; perhaps leather seats and a slightly bigger screen which doesn't matter to me. This comes with Appleplay and google uconnect so you dont even need the sahara navigation as most people use their phone. That's what this does :) I get the ability to use my WAZE app on this screen.

Mine even has the remote start, power everything, security system with upgraded rims.i bought the 2 inch receiver hitch and installed it in 10 minutes and also a pair of rubicon rock rails which took 15 minutes to install.

20180509_212004.jpg
Another local guy. Congratulations! I got the Sport S too and I am very happy with my choice. The only thing I miss is LED headlights and I can do that aftermarket.

You should check in on the North Carolina Roll Call. Welcome to the site.
Sponsored