Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
FCA doesn't want to sell you "special" status unless you buy a Willys, Rubicon, or Sahara.

Willys and Sahara are basically sport models with a few upgrades. Rubicon is the most different due to having unique axles, transfer case, gearing, lockers, etc...

In the end, they are all Jeep Wranglers, and any trim can be modified to your liking.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MEHillwalker80

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
FCA doesn't want to sell you "sepcial" status unless you buy a Willys, Rubicon, or Sahara.

Willys and Sahara are basically sport models with a few upgrades. Rubicon is the most different due to having unique axles, transfer case, gearing, lockers, etc...
Good point.

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
they should give them different names.
Really what they should do is stop pretending it’s two different models. It’s a Sport, and to the Sport you can add the “power equipment package”, and if you want a lot of the other fancy options, you must first add the “power equipment package”. There’s no need to call it a “Sport S” IMO.

FWIW I never call mine a Sport S, I just say it’s a loaded up Sport, which it is ($45k sticker)

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
The S is for supercharged....

I WISH!!!!

Sponsored

mark203

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys XR
Clubs

The Sport-S just designates an option package added to the Sport. Exactly what those options are will vary a bit by model year. The *main* things in 2018 were: AC; power windows / locks; upgraded wheels (though I would have preferred the basic black steel). I haven't looked since as I have what I have.

JeepFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport 2-door
This last January I bought a leftover 2019 Sport from a dealer here in Maine. After looking for differences between a Sport and a Sport S I can't really find anything different from my Sport and a Sport S. Someone ordered a bunch of upgrades for my Jeep, either a customer or the dealer. Here is my build sheet. Can anyone see why mine is not a Sport S except for the lacking S decals?
By now you have the answer to your original question; but for the benefit of others who may be looking into this for the first time, here are features included in the Sport S over the base Sport:

Alloy wheels (not available as a factory option on the Sport),
Leather-wrapped steering wheel (not available as a factory option on the Sport),
Technology package (not available as a factory option on the Sport),
Different dash instrument design (not available as a factory option on the Sport),
7” display (not available as a factory option on the Sport),
Power windows (not available as a factory option on the Sport),
Power locks (not available as a factory option on the Sport),
Air conditioning (this one is available as a factory option on the 2-door Sport, std. on 4-door).
Deep tint sunscreen windows (this one is available as a factory option on the Sport).

Also, there are some options (cold weather group, convenience group, safety group, advanced safety group, LED lights, and Selec-Trac full-time 4WD that are available on the Sport S that are not avaialble on the base Sport.
Sponsored

Last edited: