Sponsored

Speaker replacement upgrade

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Thanks Rploaded I ordered both pods 68283474AB & 68283475AC and want to get them fabricated before disassembling my dash.

I spoke with a guy I have used for fiberglass work he said he could absolutely fabricate these for me. I told him others might be interested in getting something made. He had a few questions for anyone that might be interested.

Would you want buy the pods ship them to him and get him to do all the work?
Just buy them already done?
Another option he could make a new face piece then you could remove yours and do the work.
I assume the face piece he makes should be blank so you can cut out and install whatever size you want?

Let me know if y'all think I should start a new thread as to not hijack this one
He will get a higher take rate if he provides the whole item. Ordering a pod and then shipping etc etc is a PITA and will be an obstacle.

I say he offers a finished project. And marks up the pod a small bit to cover his cost of money.

Good instructions and convenient install will drive sales.
Sponsored

Fa1321tx

First Name
Floyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
He will get a higher take rate if he provides the whole item. Ordering a pod and then shipping etc etc is a PITA and will be an obstacle.

I say he offers a finished project. And marks up the pod a small bit to cover his cost of money.

Good instructions and convenient install will drive sales.
What size speaker hole would be ideal?

Fa1321tx

First Name
Floyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I would start a new thread and post a poll.

My guess would be 5.5 & 6.5, but I am not sure what the masses want.
Yeah the poll thing is a good idea for sure. I think maybe 5.5 then people have the option to trim out more for 6.5. I will wait till I get mine finished then I could post some pics and take a poll.

boardthis74

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I'd definitely be interested, of course depending on cost. I would think 6.5 would be more popular than 5.25 since it seems like there's more offerings in that size. I know I have a few old 6.5 component sets laying around I'd like to use if this is an option. If you create a new thread, please link it here so I don't miss out.

Sponsored

Fa1321tx

First Name
Floyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
@boardthis74 I will do that for sure. Might be a couple weeks depending on how long it takes to get the pods in the mail.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Anything can be done if you want to go for it. These are just a few shots from a build that should wrap up today. Was able to squeeze the Hertz mille legend 1650.3 in the factory holes with some fabrication.

9D6CE34E-DDFA-492A-A5CD-17EF9B3E4B55.jpeg
You have a build thread on these Soundbar modifications? I'd rather put actual components instead of the crap that's there now

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler 2015 Renegade 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Senior Director of Engineering & Facilities
You have a build thread on these Soundbar modifications? I'd rather put actual components instead of the crap that's there now
Same here, interested as well. I’ll start watching this post and hopefully the new post/poll.

Purity’sPa

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Quick question if anybody can help me out has anybody out there put a 6 1/2 inch component speakers In and if so how where able to pull it off if any pics please post them thanks
I had a 6.5 separates in the front but the grill covering them blocks to much of the sound. I am
Going back to some type of 4 “ driver. The place that did try 6.5 installs didn’t to a good job if retaining and reusing the stock “box” in the kick panels

And I had 5.25 coax in the soundbar but again, the grills have to be modified to allow soundwaves to pass through unobstructed.

In the process of redoing the entire system right now and the kick panels are the final piece of the puzzle.

Fa1321tx

First Name
Floyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I had a 6.5 separates in the front but the grill covering them blocks to much of the sound. I am
Going back to some type of 4 “ driver. The place that did try 6.5 installs didn’t to a good job if retaining and reusing the stock “box” in the kick panels

And I had 5.25 coax in the soundbar but again, the grills have to be modified to allow soundwaves to pass through unobstructed.

In the process of redoing the entire system right now and the kick panels are the final piece of the puzzle.
Ugh I hate to hear that I am going to try Morals 6.5's and I will report back.

Sponsored

CarterRuss

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 07 RS4
Hey all I have an update on those BLAM RS and RC series speakers. I got the 6.5" up on the sound display today and the best way I can describe them is a poor man's Focal Flax (Focal Flax usually sell for $550 a set). Our sound board houses 6.5" speakers, but they do make these in a 4" component for $250 a set.

Great mid range and vocals, extremely efficient. The 4" component is rated at 90 dB, the 6.5" I put on display are rated at 93 dB. These are 2 ohm speakers so keep that in mind with whatever amp you plan on using. The tweeter is not quite as smooth as Focal or Morel, but still very pleasant and nicely blended to balance with the mid range. Mid range not quite as clean/tight as the Focal Flax, but for $250 a set I think they're a phenomenal value.
How have the BLAM speakers been holding up? At a 1/3 of the price of the Morels, it is a very appealing option.

jeeplaw

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Dodge Charger Daytona, 2019 JLUR
So general consensus is that going to a larger knee panel speaker is a no go? Sorta doesnt surprise me considering the engineers chose the speakers to match the port in the enclosure to maximize sound output

carstereochick

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler MOAB and 2014 Wrangler 2-door Freedom Edition

CarterRuss

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 07 RS4
Hey everyone - so I don't know if I should be making a new thread for this or better off posting this here, but SUPER EXCITING game changer. Metra is coming out with 6.5" speaker pods. No details on pricing/shipping. Details will be announced at SEMA.

https://carstereochick.com/2019/10/17/2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-jlu-speaker-upgrade-pods-coming-soon/

Metra JP-1014 2018 up Wrangler JL JLU speaker pods.jpg
Sweet! Doesn't help my decision making process lol but glad to add in a better range of options. What are your preferences at 6.5?

BIGRIGMCGEE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 door