carstereochick

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler MOAB and 2014 Wrangler 2-door Freedom Edition
Wow, where is the order form for that?
I ordered 6 as soon as I knew they'd be available for order and Metra only shipped me 5. I see in their online dealer portal they are showing out of stock. I am waiting for a call back to see when they will have more available.
Sponsored

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
I ordered 6 as soon as I knew they'd be available for order and Metra only shipped me 5. I see in their online dealer portal they are showing out of stock. I am waiting for a call back to see when they will have more available.
When I go to the Metra website, it says I need to be a retailer to order these pods? Is that true? Is there a site or store where I can just order a pair for myself?

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, anyone found a way to mount say an 8” powered sub under the rear seats in a 4 door?

carstereochick

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler MOAB and 2014 Wrangler 2-door Freedom Edition
When I go to the Metra website, it says I need to be a retailer to order these pods? Is that true? Is there a site or store where I can just order a pair for myself?
Regarding the new Metra speaker pods - so you do need to be a dealer/retailer to order them. I got lucky and called at the right time. I knew they would be available to order at 9 am EST 11/5 so I called at 9 am EST 11/5 and ordered 6 pair. Apparently they had 6 in stock - I got 5 and someone else got 1.

I also have an additional 6 more on backorder so I'm in line for more. Unfortunately, the first 5 received are already allocated for upcoming projects (got one in the shop right now). I talked to my rep at Metra and they do not have an ETA at the moment. My best guess is the 6 they had available were from a small sample run and they said, yup, these look good, let's put it into full production and package these up for sale. Based on injection molding production and keeping in mind this stuff is made overseas, my best guess is anywhere from 3 weeks to 12 weeks, but that's really just an educated guess. My sales rep couldn't give me any specifics.

If anyone wants to get in line and order some from my shop call me at 203-778-3330. I'm there Tuesday - Friday 10 AM - 6 PM EST and Saturdays 10 AM - 4 PM EST. I'll just get your name and number and when I find out they're shipping I'll call you to get payment. They're $59.99 plus shipping. You can also leave me a message just leave me your full name (first and last) so I can create a backorder for you.

I talked to SSV the other day about the rear pods and they're about 6 weeks out (which reminds me I need to get in line for those too).

Hair Missile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Regarding the new Metra speaker pods - so you do need to be a dealer/retailer to order them. I got lucky and called at the right time. I knew they would be available to order at 9 am EST 11/5 so I called at 9 am EST 11/5 and ordered 6 pair. Apparently they had 6 in stock - I got 5 and someone else got 1.

I also have an additional 6 more on backorder so I'm in line for more. Unfortunately, the first 5 received are already allocated for upcoming projects (got one in the shop right now). I talked to my rep at Metra and they do not have an ETA at the moment. My best guess is the 6 they had available were from a small sample run and they said, yup, these look good, let's put it into full production and package these up for sale. Based on injection molding production and keeping in mind this stuff is made overseas, my best guess is anywhere from 3 weeks to 12 weeks, but that's really just an educated guess. My sales rep couldn't give me any specifics.

If anyone wants to get in line and order some from my shop call me at 203-778-3330. I'm there Tuesday - Friday 10 AM - 6 PM EST and Saturdays 10 AM - 4 PM EST. I'll just get your name and number and when I find out they're shipping I'll call you to get payment. They're $59.99 plus shipping. You can also leave me a message just leave me your full name (first and last) so I can create a backorder for you.

I talked to SSV the other day about the rear pods and they're about 6 weeks out (which reminds me I need to get in line for those too).
Just left you a message to get in line for a set!

Speaking of SSV, would you happen to know the internal volume of their JP1-DS10 sub box? Looks like it might be a nice home for my JL Audio 10TW3-D4

Also, thank you for sharing your knowledge on this forum. Much appreciated!

Sponsored

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok well I might contact you in the future if I need the pods! Can I ask why this is so? Why can’t they release them to anyone for us DIYourselfers?

rebridge

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hey, I have a quick question. I have a 2018 JLU with the factory Alpine premium sound. My rear speakers and subwoofer were stolen. Rear speakers are easy to replace, but I want to know if I can just add a 2-ohm JL Audio Stealthbox? Do I need to do an amp or will the factory amp power it?

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
I know so excited, got my Metra JP-1014 pods today! Check them out. Exactly how we were designing ours. So glad they got these out so quickly.

Metra JP-1014 pic 1.JPG

Metra JP-1014 pic 2.JPG

Metra JP-1014 pic 3.JPG

Metra JP-1014 pic 4.JPG

Metra JP-1014 pic 5.jpg
I know so excited, got my Metra JP-1014 pods today! Check them out. Exactly how we were designing ours. So glad they got these out so quickly.

Metra JP-1014 pic 1.JPG

Metra JP-1014 pic 2.JPG

Metra JP-1014 pic 3.JPG

Metra JP-1014 pic 4.JPG

Metra JP-1014 pic 5.jpg
I have a question just finished putting in 6.5 and tweeters in the front looking to use the SSV 6.5 bracket plus use a hole to add a tweeter there as well. I’m going with the QS Series kicker 6.5 components. So my question is there any modification needed to the sound bar using those brackets for 6.5 or will the 6.5 slide right in without any other modifications

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a question just finished putting in 6.5 and tweeters in the front looking to use the SSV 6.5 bracket plus use a hole to add a tweeter there as well. I’m going with the QS Series kicker 6.5 components. So my question is there any modification needed to the sound bar using those brackets for 6.5 or will the 6.5 slide right in without any other modifications
Where did you procure those pods from? I am looking at getting those and the ssv works pods too, gonna run JL C1 front component and rear coaxial, add a powered sub...are you running them off stock non alpine headunit? Does anyone think the 7" non alpine headunit amp can run 6.5 aftermarket speakers ok seeing as they will be 4ohm vs 8ohm and more efficient?

Sponsored

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
Where did you procure those pods from? I am looking at getting those and the ssv works pods too, gonna run JL C1 front component and rear coaxial, add a powered sub...are you running them off stock non alpine headunit? Does anyone think the 7" non alpine headunit amp can run 6.5 aftermarket speakers ok seeing as they will be 4ohm vs 8ohm and more efficient?
I running two AMPs jl audio jx500/1 and 4 channel kicker amp. I had my audio guy customize the existing front pods. A lot of work but waiting on the adapter from ssv for the sound bar but was curious if they need more adjustments or they allow the 6.5 to slide right in

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I running two AMPs jl audio jx500/1 and 4 channel kicker amp. I had my audio guy customize the existing front pods. A lot of work but waiting on the adapter from ssv for the sound bar but was curious if they need more adjustments or they allow the 6.5 to slide right in
https://www.ssvworks.com/product/Jeep-Wrangler-JL-and+JT-overhead-soundbar-6.5in-speaker-adapter

Looks like ya put in your preferred 6.5, slap em in...however how does one wire up a coaxial from the "components" that are in there? Splice in before the stock wiring splits to the 2 stock speakers?

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
https://www.ssvworks.com/product/Jeep-Wrangler-JL-and+JT-overhead-soundbar-6.5in-speaker-adapter

Looks like ya put in your preferred 6.5, slap em in...however how does one wire up a coaxial from the "components" that are in there? Splice in before the stock wiring splits to the 2 stock speakers?
That I’m not sure I’m running another set of components in the sound bar. Kicker QS series has some great quality components. I’m going use a hole saw to create another hole for the tweeter. Hoping that’s all I have to do

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That I’m not sure I’m running another set of components in the sound bar. Kicker QS series has some great quality components. I’m going use a hole saw to create another hole for the tweeter. Hoping that’s all I have to do
look at the pics one the website, they did that very thing, made a hole for components