Speaker issue?

Sleepdds

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL
This is what the repair from Jeep dealer in Fredericksburg Va.
TEST DROVE WITH STETHOSCOPE APPLYING TO DIFFERENT AREAS TO
PINPOINT BUZZING NOISE LOCATION. BUZZING NOISE ISOLATED TO
MODULE BEHIND SPEAKER. TECH APPLIED FOAM TAPE TO ALL MOUNT
AREAS AROUND MODULE, REASSEMBLED SPEAKER AND DASH. TEST

I only drove it home from dealer 1 hour drive listening to talk radio. So far no noise. Keeping my fingers crossed that this repair worked. I did print out the entire thread showing several owners were having this issue.
Sponsored

OP
OP
YFD_322

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
Now for someone to find that module because I have zero time to be taking this in. I wonder if it’s the same gray plug stated in this thread?

Scott1911

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2 Door Unicorn
There are 2 plugs that are somewhat loose. I took a "dollop" of plumbers putty and applied to both of them to change the mass/resonance. There is a small plug on the top rear that you can easily access by popping off the panel below the steering wheel. There is a much larger plug on the front bottom above the ODBC port that you can reach if you are crafty. I chose plumbers putty because it will remain pliable and "should" not corrode any of the copper connections.

Gussrma

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl 2018 Rubicon 2DR
Ok, same issue. Got under the left side, pulled off the cover for the underside of the steering wheel. Found the same use, used double sided foam tape and covered with electral tape. AM radio is now normal.

Thanks to all on the site

Sponsored

Simon311

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Rubicon, Ocean Blue, 6spd
Occupation
Real Estate
Same problems for me. I have two main areas of vibration - the center dash tray and the roll bar plastic. I can silence the roll bar by putting pressure near the rear dome light. I had the same issue with my 2008 JKU and stuffed it with polyfil which fixed it.

I personally don't think it should be my job to dampen vibrations with the premium sound package. The car should have been dampened with a dynamat equivalent by default by FCA.
I am having the same issue with my JLU with the premium package. I notice is mostly with voices and its clearly reverberation, not a blown speaker. At first it sounded like a faint echo coming though the AC vent, but I'm sure it stems from the same issue others are discussing on this thread.

Nikkielz85

First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, JL
I listen primarily to Howard Stern and I have noticed the front left speaker vibrates to the point it almost sounds like it's blown but when I play music it's fine. I put all sound front left and was feeling around to see if I touched anything tht it would go away, but nothing. Anyone else. Put up some sport talk and see.
I am having this same issue, have you found a solution?

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Any pictures of the before and after with the plumbers putty or electrical tape solutions? Just trying to see how hard it would be to access these areas

Jlo_1212

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Jl Sahara
Occupation
Forensic Engineer
The dealership had my Jeep for 4 Days and still haven’t pinpointed the vibration AND I showed them pic from the forum. USELESS.

Sponsored

jkappos

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
How are these repairs holding up? I picked up my JL w/ Premium Audio last night and the Charlie Brown Teacher sound is eating my soul.

My dealer is an hour away and I really don't feel like hanging out there forever while they fix the issue.

ItsTTime

First Name
Taran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, Grand Cherokee
I too have this issue and don't trust my dealer to deal with this appropriately - wonder if @JeepCares is raising it as an issue.

jkappos

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
@JeepCares , can you open a case for me? I have an appointment to get this fixed next Friday. Can you provide information on how to address the speaker issue so they will know how to address it? The service department explained this is the first time they've heard of the issue and I really don't want them trying to troubleshoot if others have already found the root of the issue, and the solution.

Also I have an issue with my premium soft top, it looks like the cable for the release lever on the passenger side of the vehicle is not attached correctly, so I cannot take my roof down. Can you also put this in there so I can get it taken care of?

Thank you!!!

Jlo_1212

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Jl Sahara
Occupation
Forensic Engineer
I have to take my Jeep BACK in next week for them to try to fix this @JeepCares. Is there anything you can do to help them so they don’t have my Jeep for 4days or more

chadc880

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
I have the same issue and noticed it more so when I was rude listening to Rush . When listening to music with lots of bass it also vibrates my steering wheel it’s very odd
Sponsored