Sponsored

Soft top window storage

Sluggo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon, 4 door, Auto, Blue, soft top
Today I took the soft windows off. I feared they would go airborne on the expressway at 75mph. So, I folded down the wider seat. Then I stretched the seatbelt from the Rear RH side and clicked it into the rear LH side. Pulled it tight and the 3 windows were held down.
Sponsored

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Bout 2 months ago I called Jeep Wave to get the part number for the storage bag so I’d have something to give my local parts guy. Jeep Wave has no clue and said they’d get back to me. 2 weeks later they call back and say they’re mailing one to my parts dept and I’ll pick it up and pay for it there. Fast fwd 6 weeks and the bag showed up a couple days ago. Picked it up on my way to work and the guy hands me the bag and says, “here you go...no charge”. So free window storage bag for making a phone call 2 months ago.

Bag is similar to the freedom top bag. 1 zipper to get to the inside with felt dividers to separate the windows from touching. Strap on the back to fasten to the rear seats. Here’s pics of the front and back. Zoom in to see the “directions” of how they say to load the windows.

8C17AD65-89F8-474E-9A74-C0F3773128BA.jpeg

F51FFBB4-BDD2-41FE-AF06-4293C6EFE62C.jpeg

@JeepCares - can we please, please get the part number for this item? I am not looking for a gift, just some numbers I can take to my dealer. Please?

TrendyGuy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
This is still really surprising there is no window storage solution as of yet.

This looks to be the closest thing I could find for a solution and unsure if it will even work: Bestop Window Storage Portfolio

Anyone find a place to order the Mopar version other than the one person above?

mlotero

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Sr IT Manager
This is still really surprising there is no window storage solution as of yet.

This looks to be the closest thing I could find for a solution and unsure if it will even work: Bestop Window Storage Portfolio

Anyone find a place to order the Mopar version other than the one person above?

Nope,. And jeep wave says to contact the dealer,. Dealer came out with this part #. 68358392aa . But not available yet

thedoc29ca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I had them run the part number at one of my local dealerships and although it checks out as a recognized parts number it was listed as discontinued.

The parts department called a Chrysler Canada contact and was told the supplier went out of business.

Sponsored

TrendyGuy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
Has any one found or come up with a way to store the windows in the Jeep with the back seats up and useable?
I am wondering the same thing. Has anyone found a decent way to store the windows on-the-go in the trunk? I have had a few really nice days that I would love to take the top down but nowhere to store the windows when I am not home. I would lay them flat in the trunk but the back window will not fit unless folded.

Dubeau9005

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2010 GMC Sierra 1500
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but since I still don’t have mine, I can’t go check yet. Could the rear window be laid down on the floor in the back below the rear seats? We won’t have passengers very often but will have a dog in the very back so would like to be able to store them in the back seat area.

TheRealTVGuy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.MyVillageRadio.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Has any one found or come up with a way to store the windows in the Jeep with the back seats up and useable?
Do a search for “Clover Patch Soft Top Storage”. I had one for my JK. It’s basically several layers of fleece stitched at one end & includes a nylon bag you stuff the the whole thing in after you roll it up.

The bag includes straps and clips that allow for multiple mounting/storage options when you have the top down.

Dubeau9005

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2010 GMC Sierra 1500
Do a search for “Clover Patch Soft Top Storage”. I had one for my JK. It’s basically several layers of fleece stitched at one end & includes a nylon bag you stuff the the whole thing in after you roll it up.

The bag includes straps and clips that allow for multiple mounting/storage options when you have the top down.
I don’t think these windows can be rolled up due to the plastic pieces on them. From what I have read on here, they warp the plastic on the windows that hold them into the top.

Sponsored

TrendyGuy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
I have contacted jeep wave, Mopar, and jeep support and no one can seem to locate a model number or give any information on the window storage bag.

My dealership is trying to find out more information but nothing yet.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR

That's the problem. The JL design doesn't roll up like the JK design.

GringoStar

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JL Rubicon
I'm new here. Sorry if this is a dumb question. Just read through the thread. Is there any way to get the creases out?

thundermuffin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Soft top
I'm new here. Sorry if this is a dumb question. Just read through the thread. Is there any way to get the creases out?
Yeah - a few days with the windows installed on the Jeep and the warmth of the sun will get rid of the creases - at least they did on mine.

TrendyGuy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
Further update on my quest for a storage bag.

I heard back from my dealer who is unable to order the bag but did find an item number. I called Mopar who told me to call Jeep, I called Jeep who told me to contact Mopar. I then Contacted Jeep Wave Care who told me there is nothing they can do or find about this. I gave her the item number the dealer gave me but she said that does not show in their system. She spoke to the parts department in customer care and they could not find a item number either. The rep then told me that the only way to get this is to order it with the vehicle directly from the factory. After that there is no other way to get the bag as of right now. I asked how come my dealer can order me a new windshield, door, or even soft top frame pieces (I just had one replaced the other day) but can't order me a window storage bag. The rep said that is weird and they weren't sure.
Sponsored