Sponsored

Soft Top JL 2 door.

dArwich77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
few questions...

1. Do you like better twill or sail cloth.. is it worth the price different PROS and CONS

2. Have you ordered a tan color, or they only have black.

Since I cant find a used one and best top have forgotten about 2 doors..
Any one knows a MOPAR discount code? :whew:

Thanks!!
Sponsored

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered sail cloth for my 2-door Sport to keep the cost down, and because I'm not totally convinced that it is has any less service life than twill when properly cared for. Even if it does, my JL is garage-kept, and isn't my DD. For frame of reference, my brother has had a Bestop sail cloth Super Top on his CJ-7 for at least 10 years, and it looks like new. Not sure the twill justifies the cost, but I admit that it looks a little nicer if you care about aesthetics.

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

I like the look and feel of the twill, also the tan color. The only issue is that you can't find a tan 2-door soft top replacement anywhere. You can find the black 2-door and the tan 4-door. Hopefully they start selling the 2-door tan before mine runs ragged.

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
I have the sailcloth on my JL and have no issues with it except when driving through extreme crosswinds (40-50mph gusts) as it lifts up out of the channel...the small Velcro square holding the top section to the side panels just can't handle that wind.

The twill top we have for my wife's JLU has an extra layer of fabric on the inside so it's a bit quieter.

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
I have the sailcloth on my JL and have no issues with it except when driving through extreme crosswinds (40-50mph gusts) as it lifts up out of the channel...the small Velcro square holding the top section to the side panels just can't handle that wind.

The twill top we have for my wife's JLU has an extra layer of fabric on the inside so it's a bit quieter.
Have your ever lost your side panels when they lifted out of the channel? I know that was a fairly common occurrence a couple years ago.

Sponsored

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Have your ever lost your side panels when they lifted out of the channel? I know that was a fairly common occurrence a couple years ago.
No, the side panels are firmly connected to the lower channel and on the sliding rail - haven't had any issue with those. The part of the top that lifts is where it sits in the rain gutter above the doors.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
3 years of DD with my 2dr premium soft top. Lots of sunrider driving at highway speed. No signs of wear.

BrooksC

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S 2D, 2020 Gladiator Max Tow
I have sailcloth on my '18 Sport S 2 door and twill on my gladiator. I like the classier outside look of the premium twill, but I prefer the inside being white on the sailcloth. Sailcloth seems cooler inside to me too. Both great materials and do the job. If I needed a new top for the JL I would probably go sailcloth again and spend the difference on other parts. Wish I knew a MOPAR discount code! But sorry, nope.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I love my twill top, buuuut if you live where it snows or blizzards watch out. Snow can push up through the top right behind the doors.

I had this happen during a blizzard a couple years ago.

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
I like the twill on my JLR but have had sailcloth on past JK’s - both will hold up well if looked after. The twill is quieter on the highway.
Sponsored