Transporting a Soft Top inside a 2-Door JL

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
I am thinking about ordering a dual top 2-door JL out of state. To do this I will have to factory order a HT JL and have the dealer order me the Mopar soft top from their parts department.

My question... does anybody know if it is possible to transport the soft top inside the jeep with the hardtop on somehow to get it home? I realize the Mopar box is huge and will not fit in the back of a 2-door JL. Would I be able to remove the soft top from the box and wedge it lets say diagonally front to rear or even sideways with the HT still installed on the jeep to get it home? It will be just myself driving home the Jeep so I will not have any passengers. Do you think it will fit with one of the assembled uprights in the front seat and the other upright mechanism diagonally across the back seat. Anybody do this? Just need to know before I order it and have no way to get the soft top home from the out of state dealer. I really do not want to have the box shipped. Thanks

Advertisement

OP
Combat Chuck

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
The box the soft top ships in measures 60" x 31" x 20" Does anybody know if this will fit in a 2-door JL. Could anyone possibly measure their 2-door with the rear bench seat removed? I could remove the rear seat and stick the rear bench in the front seat area to transport it home.

Movenpuck

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 2.0L T
I just recently took delivery of a 4 door with dual tops and the box the soft came in was stuffed in the car. the driver seat was pushed close to the steering wheel. I cant see how anyone in a two door could get it home without a hitch and trailer.

rallydefault

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I think you're gonna have to trailer that puppy.

OP
Combat Chuck

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
Thanks guys! I think I’m gonna hold off with the dealer ordered soft top and order one myself delivered to my door. Thanks

desync0

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2dr Sport in Mojito!
Vehicle Showcase
My 2011 2 door JK came with the soft top pretty much sitting where it would in the open position all wrapped up and the windows and surrounds where in boxes in the back.

IDK how different the arms are on the JL's, but it should be fine if you bring a couple towels or something to pad the arms from rubbing on the hard top or roll bar assuming they're still shipping the same as JK's

EDIT: I actually had to remove the hard top to get the soft top out, idk how you'd get it in with hard top on

four low

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
For the cost of a pair of clamp on Thule Roof Racks , you could carry it home in the box, strapped to the roof racks...

Advertisement

Motor City Aftermarket

Advertisement