Soft top issues-window blew out and top will not lock down

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
Also, the other thread has some ideas from other jeepers, like stated above, to fix the problem. There seems to be 2 causes. 1 is the rubber channel on the top gets wider than it should be, one persons fix is to put a piece of pipe on it to keep it closed, look at the other thread as they have pictures.
Another issue is not latching properly in the bottom corner. One person put a cotter pin there... also in the same thread, I think I will be looking into this.
I put a hole in the tailgate retainer and another in the window at the bottom and zip tied them together. I always have cutters or scissors and I have a bag of 4" zip ties.

Jeep Wrangler JL Soft top issues-window blew out and top will not lock down IMG_2554.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Soft top issues-window blew out and top will not lock down IMG_2553.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Soft top issues-window blew out and top will not lock down IMG_2555.JPG
Sponsored

Purple Turtle

First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Purple TJ, 2021 HellaYella JLUR
I put a hole in the tailgate retainer and another in the window at the bottom and zip tied them together. I always have cutters or scissors and I have a bag of 4" zip ties.

Jeep Wrangler JL Soft top issues-window blew out and top will not lock down IMG_2555.JPG
Great idea! I wonder if the removable zip ties work.... I've never actually used them

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
The reusable ones are cut out of a sheet of Velcro and could probably work, just a bit more hassle to undo.

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
I ordered the dual top option on our '22 before I knew Jeep did away with the zippers on the windows (makes no sense but ok). I've read more than a handful of threads about windows flying off on the highway & considering I'll be driving to/from every weekend about 4 hours each way on the highway, has anyone found a more secure method of keeping the windows in place? Maybe adding strips of high-strength Velcro?

I don't really want to be stuck with just the hard top over the next year or so, but I don't want to go through the hassle of losing & replacing soft top windows either.
Sponsored