JLU - Soft top rattle with windows down

mackh4x0r

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hi! I have a 2021 JLU. My soft top makes a loud rattling noise when my windows are down. With someone driving, I climbed in the back and checked to see if something was loose or what was causing it. I could not find the source. In the back at the top, the top is flapping so fast that the fabric is making a noise.

This is the premium top. It also no longer "snaps" into position when I fold it back in sunrider. Here is a short video:

It gets a lot louder! Any suggestions?
Sponsored

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Beach, 2022 JLU High Tide
I know this was posted a good few months ago but mine is doing the exact same thing. Did you figure out what was causing it? I got rid of the first soft top because it did this and the second one is also. It only starts doing it for me around 60MPH. I commute to work so Im on the highway every day. Drives me nuts. Would love a fix.

Armendegga

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I just got a soft top on my 2018 JLUR... I also hear the rattling... From what I can tell, it's coming from the cross beams for the soft top... if you feel to where they are with your hand, they can move up and down slightly... Not sure if it is designed that way to give it play, or if the rivets become lose over time...

Only way I can think to fix it would be to jam something between where the fabric meets the cross beams to force the cross beams to be tight against the river so it isn't able to move.

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I zip tied all across the cable that didnt change anything. I noticed that if you bang the corners of the top, where the side window holds the back window, it rattles. Sounds a lot like the one I hear inside the Jeep with the windows down. Not sure how I can adjust that though so it wouldnt rattle going down the road.

BlueWilly

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys XR
Ever find a fix? I put my windows down earlier and it was horrible!

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ever find a fix? I put my windows down earlier and it was horrible!
Nope still does it. My fix was find a work from home job so I am not on the interstate every day back and forth to work lol.
Sponsored