Chad1433

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
At our shop, the soft top Jeeps have had a lot of issues, they break easily. I'm glad I didn't get one on my personal vehicle, though the hard top is a bit time consuming to remove. Eventually, someone will make a good aftermarket option.
Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
At our shop, the soft top Jeeps have had a lot of issues, they break easily. I'm glad I didn't get one on my personal vehicle, though the hard top is a bit time consuming to remove. Eventually, someone will make a good aftermarket option.
What/where are they breaking? I've had no issues on my February 2018 build

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Its not as convenient to load stuff in the back with a soft top but its not that bad. The window is easy to unclip and flip and back into position. Takes about 30 seconds to do so and to put back

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Could you be more specific ?

Sponsored

Chad1433

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Could you be more specific ?
I will talk to the boss and find out. All of our soft tops are down in the AZ location. I think its the mechanism that breaks, not the canvas or windows, per se. I don't know how that's breaking, wether its weak pivots, crappy hardware, latches, etc. I know we are looking for a better aftermarket option so we can still offer the soft tops, as people like to have the convertible option when renting.

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
IMO a hardtop Jeep makes zero sense. WHy buy a Jeep? Jsut buy any other SUV if your worried about noise and temp. IMHO anyhoo. I live in NYS and the soft top is absolutely fine in the winter. Some wind noise, sure. But I bought a brand new vehicle with a cab on frame and solid axles. It is what it is
THIS.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I will talk to the boss and find out. All of our soft tops are down in the AZ location. I think its the mechanism that breaks, not the canvas or windows, per se. I don't know how that's breaking, wether its weak pivots, crappy hardware, latches, etc. I know we are looking for a better aftermarket option so we can still offer the soft tops, as people like to have the convertible option when renting.
I'm going with operator error and manhandling the rear release mechanism:idea: O wait, these are rented Jeeps? Then yes, it's operator error:facepalm:

Chad1433

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going with operator error and manhandling the rear release mechanism:idea: O wait, these are rented Jeeps? Then yes, it's operator error:facepalm:
No doubt that first time users are part of the problem. However, these things should hold up the rigors of the Public no matter the conditions.

Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I really enjoy the dual tops, its almost like getting a different vehicle when you switch over. Also Chicago winters suck so its nice to have a rear hatch and wiper.

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
I really enjoy the dual tops, its almost like getting a different vehicle when you switch over. Also Chicago winters suck so its nice to have a rear hatch and wiper.
+1

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah - I'll probably go that route, maybe I can get approx the same amount as the price for a soft ..
Living in So Cal (Orange County) I do get soft-top envy.. I sometimes wish I'd gone that route from the beginning...just get a bit tired of the removal process when the weather's nice .. which is a lot. Wish I could trade it somehow for a premium soft.. Instead of paying full for one I wish/wonder if Jeep had a buy-back trade program for the tops? Probably just have to bite the bullet and have both..
courtesy Jeep in south county bought a bunch of JL for lianer cars, that had dual tops, last month he was trying to sell the soft tops off them new condition for 700 bucks

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
I got the premium soft top only, it’s plenty warm, noise is different but not bad, you can hear someone talk outside the vehicle, or a plane flu over head, but jeeps have a lot of wind noise so at speed the wind noise takes over and is the same as a hardtop, you only hear more noise at low speed and it’s minor ... the flexibility is awesome, I can take the top up or down in about the same time it takes to get my kids to buckle up.. and one thing no one talks about is your get more head room..

Big drawback is the rear window, no wiper, no defroster, and it doesn’t lift to put cargo in.. also I don’t feel safe loading camping gear to the ceiling because if something shifts it would hit the plastic and fabric, not a hard fiberglass and glass like the hard top

Huge plus not have to tie straps to my ceiling and store the hard top, not worrying about weather changes... and also enjoy being awesome topless Jeep dude
Sponsored