Dadams20

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Living in So Cal (Orange County) I do get soft-top envy.. I sometimes wish I'd gone that route from the beginning...just get a bit tired of the removal process when the weather's nice .. which is a lot. Wish I could trade it somehow for a premium soft.. Instead of paying full for one I wish/wonder if Jeep had a buy-back trade program for the tops? Probably just have to bite the bullet and have both..
Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Living in So Cal (Orange County) I do get soft-top envy.. I sometimes wish I'd gone that route from the beginning...just get a bit tired of the removal process when the weather's nice .. which is a lot. Wish I could trade it somehow for a premium soft.. Instead of paying full for one I wish/wonder if Jeep had a buy-back trade program for the tops? Probably just have to bite the bullet and have both..
Looks like you have a black hardtop, I'm sure you could pretty easily find someone to sell it to.

OP
OP
Dadams20

Dadams20

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like you have a black hardtop, I'm sure you could pretty easily find someone to sell it to.
Yeah - I'll probably go that route, maybe I can get approx the same amount as the price for a soft ..

Sponsored

WES IV

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S 2 dr with hardtop. Firecracker Red.
Occupation
Going over the hills and far away
I ordered the hardtop because I live in Massachusetts. However I've been wishing I had ordered the premium softtop. That wish will go away once the autumn rain as nd snow comes along.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I ordered the hardtop because I live in Massachusetts. However I've been wishing I had ordered the premium softtop. That wish will go away once the autumn rain as nd snow comes along.
I only have the soft top, and I live in Ohio, no significant issues during winter. It warms up nicely.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I have both tops and switch between them based on the seasons (Pennsylvania). But I can vouch that the soft top handles snow and cold just fine. Still trying to convince my wife to let me sell the hardtop, but it does make sense to have a "back up" top just in case the soft gets slashed or I shatter a window or something.

Sponsored

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hindsight being 20/20, I'm gladwhen I went out shopping, I found a JLUR configured like I wanted it, minus the dual top option and only the Premium top. In GA, I dont need the hard top and there's been plenty days to drop the soft top

20190613_171906.jpg

Last edited:

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
You can buy mine for $600:like: