Banned
Banned
First Name
Jebadiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
IMO a hardtop Jeep makes zero sense. WHy buy a Jeep? Jsut buy any other SUV if your worried about noise and temp. IMHO anyhoo. I live in NYS and the soft top is absolutely fine in the winter. Some wind noise, sure. But I bought a brand new vehicle with a cab on frame and solid axles. It is what it is

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Im sure you can easily find someone who will trade you a soft top for your hardtop

Sponsored

Sponsored

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
put a trade thread on here...trading Black hardtop for premium soft...you will have one by 4th of July lol

There are a ton of people that are wrong and want the Hard top...Joking...settle down francis

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I ordered my Jeep with soft top only. As time went by, I realized I wanted some of the functionality offered by a hard top (roof rails, cargo carrier, etc..) but I wasn't willing to fork out the cash for a new one. I kept my eyes open and scored a hell of a deal on a slightly used soft top with intentions on keeping as a spare. I ended up seeing a FB market ad for someone wanting to trade their hard top for a soft top and I took advantage. Keep an eye out, post an ad and I guarantee you can trade outright at a minimum.

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Once again cementing in my mind that the dual top was the right choice. I love the open top aspect in the summer, but I also love the security and the rear windshield wiper and defroster (when it works) in the winter. Plus, putting stuff in the trunk is somewhat of a PITA with the soft top, unhooking the rear window and flipping it up and all that, much easier in the hard top.
Sponsored