Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Roky, I just came across this thread but think you should try joining one of the 'New Bronco' groups and get them to play 'follow the leader' on a few trails...With you being the leader of course, smart money says there will be a lot of 'busted Bronco's' afterwards :LOL:
Lmao…… that’s gonna make for a very long day….😓
Sponsored

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
I've also seen this when the S2000 went from 2.0L to 2.2L, and every time Harley comes out with a new engine. The bottom line, if you've got something newer, there will be people with the older version that resent you and think yours is not a true one. Heck, I remember as a kid thinking the square lights on the YJ were ugly, then hearing when I had my JK that real jeeps had square headlights ;)
That’s a first for me, never heard anyone say that about square lights😏

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Guess it depends on where you live.

Long ago, I showed up at a trailhead in a new bone stock Sahara with street tires. I was quickly overwhelmed by serious Jeepers eager to help a 4x4 virgin. Funny, nobody seemed to give a $hit if it got scratched up :LOL:...Before picture below ;)

Jeep Wrangler JL JL envy or set in their ways IMG_0011.JPG

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase
I hate cliques - reminds me of high school. Jeeps appeal to the GDI's more than Joiners. Cool Jeepers will find each other.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
100%, While our's is only about $47k when all said & done, I'm still not trashing it off-road either. Earlier posts claimed the Wrangler was an "image vehicle" or not a practical vehicle, however I find it to be a very practical vehicle. I can't tell you how many trips to Home Depot we've used the Wrangler for. We were able to purchase enough 8' fence planks to rebuild a 100' of board-on-board fence (over 300 planks) and transport them home in our JKU. I can carry all 4 mountain bikes when the family wants to go hit the trails; I can tow with it if I need to; I can use it in all types of weather, etc. I don't honestly understand how anyone can say it's not a practical vehicle 🤷‍♂️

I will say a Wrangler can be considered a specialty vehicle, and often times in specialty vehicle circles there are those with the older version that for whatever reason trash the newer version. Then the opposite is also true where those with the new version trash the older version. Owning a Corvette, many of those who I've come in contact with who have either purchased a C8 Stingray or have one ordered crap on all the previous generations. "oh your C6 is obsolete, it's a dinosaur, it can't hold a candle to my C8, my C8 is better in every way than your old C6"... except its less powerful, slower, less exclusive, and over time mine will retain it's value better, but whatever floats your boat as they say :like:

At the end of the day, I buy vehicles I like and enjoy them how I want to enjoy them. What anyone else thinks about it is irrelevant.
There's no law to take Jeeps off-road. They are for enjoyment, so nobody has to answer to anyone about how they use them.

But as for trashing them, that's not really so easy. I don't think this one looks trashed after 4 years with many harsh off-road adventures (especially the last one, high cenered in rocks at Jericho Mountain where it took an hour to get it out!) She looks and feels new from stem to stern! It's only had a few light scratches, but this takes them right out:

Jeep Wrangler JL JL envy or set in their ways 1644021000038

Jeep Wrangler JL JL envy or set in their ways PXL_20210703_004653007

Jeep Wrangler JL JL envy or set in their ways PXL_20220204_134232997

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And here's the JK with 14 years and 170k miles of a hard life of off-roading and daily commuting.

You can have your cake and eat it, too. These things are built TOUGH. And the JL's are only tougher and better in just about every way.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL envy or set in their ways PXL_20210809_003827461

Jeep Wrangler JL JL envy or set in their ways PXL_20210530_004014122

Red Willy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Beach High Tide, 2021 2 dr. Willys stick
Occupation
Professional Nobody
I’ve looked into some local groups and even met up with some. Although they seem to welcome you to their little group, you can tell your not really being accepted.
EXACTLY what I've experienced here.

Deleted member 35398

And here's the JK with 14 years and 170k miles of a hard life of off-roading and daily commuting.

You can have your cake and eat it, too. These things are built TOUGH. And the JL's are only tougher and better in just about every way.

WOW. 14 Years and 170K, it looks new. I have tremendous respect for people that take care of their vehicles. You've done well.

Cajun21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Ram 1500
Well you may not be wrong-unfortunately this happens-there are always those that look down or just don't want to engage with a new JL owner- I noticed this when I went out with a Jeep club most were very inviting then there were the ones that would only engage you if you had something they did not-like a mod or better yet this one Jeeper had the new convertible top all they said was must be nice to spend 4k on something (jealousy I think), yeah that was when I decided to do the independent wheeler thing. Tried it again almost 7 months later with another Jeeper club and half of them did not know what they truly had. So all that being said have fun and be careful on those singular wheeling trails and the voices in my head always make me have fun. lol

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
My problem with groups… Is they tend to find a mud whole or sand pit, something and just go about tearing up the land and their vehicle. I’m not into that and will not do that.

I tend to go for solo trips and want to enjoy the scenery. May pack myself a lunch and find a random lake in the forest to try and get to. I’m looking to get a telescope and some nice ground tents to add to my adventure list. If one one or two other rigs wanted to do the same, I’m good.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
WOW. 14 Years and 170K, it looks new. I have tremendous respect for people that take care of their vehicles. You've done well.
Thanks! It takes some effort, but the value of these things makes it worth it. If the JL hadn't come out this would still be the primary Jeep! It just completed a 3k mile overlanding trip to VT, NH, and ME in October and it shrugged off the hardest trails. The ol' Jeep has still got it!

Deleted member 35398

My problem with groups… Is they tend to find a mud whole or sand pit, something and just go about tearing up the land and their vehicle. I’m not into that and will not do that.

I tend to go for solo trips and want to enjoy the scenery. May pack myself a lunch and find a random lake in the forest to try and get to. I’m looking to get a telescope and some nice ground tents to add to my adventure list. If one one or two other rigs wanted to do the same, I’m good.
My sentiments exactly! I could spend the rest of my days exploring Idaho and never see it all, but in order to do that, I've got to get off of the pavement (no plans to rock crawl, and no plans to mall crawl either). I normally do that on my motorcycle, but my Wife would NEVER go for that, plus at my skill level (or lack of) that's a wise decision on her part. So the Jeep will allow me to "share" the experience with her.

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase
I pulled up to a stop light today next to a beautiful, we’ll kept orange 2-door JK Rubicon with husband and wife aboard. We smiled and waved at each other through the window -it was clear he took exceptional care of his 2012 JK Rubi. I rolled my window down and his wife did the same and we had a great conversation about our Jeeps for 30 seconds before the light changed and we bid each other farewell. That’s what I’m talking about. Be friendly, blaze your own trails, write your own story. Cool Jeepers find each other.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
Frankly I can’t understand why anybody who never goes off road would “want” a Jeep. There are any number of vehicles that ride better, are more fuel efficient, etc., etc. what Jeep does best is truly give you “go where I want to go” capability. That is the reason I’ve owned Jeeps (and Scouts before them) for many years. With that said, it’s your Jeep, use it as You wish. If a person wants 37” tires on headlock rims with a 6” lift to look “cool”, that’s their business (I do NOT understand it, but it’s their $$ so who cares😏). Mod/drive yours as You wish. I’ll return your wave and be happy to talk Jeep to you. The only thing that really bothers me about Jeep owners are the folks that insist on telling newbies they’ve got to make beaucoup dollars in mods to their newJeep to take it down a trail-that’s just not so as anyone who has actually driven a Jeep off road already knows. I say let’s all just get along. If the keyboard commando wants $6k in mods to drive to Starbucks, it’s his/her rig, so again, who cares. Sadly, there are lots of folks out there who don’t like the fact that people can and do go “off road”. Those of us who buy vehicles built primarily for that need to stick together. Just my 2cents.,

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
I find that Jeep clubs and groups in my area are too….. rednecky for my taste.
I dont appreciate people that dont tread lightly, tend to liberatly litter and can hardly write their name.

You know, the ones that bring lawn chairs to the coffee shop parking lots, are covered in bad tattoos and stink cigarette😵💫
Sponsored