Sponsored

So this happened.

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
If they are not functional I would prefer an stock hood that doesn't drain water on my engine.

PUNISHMENT24

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR STING-GRAY
Meh.. I say cut open the drip pan.. repeat the other side... have function good vents oh yeah

Of course get ur replacement part ahahah

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
I knew they were fake, but am surprised that with all the ingenuity on the forum no one has found a way to mod them so they still drain water as intended, but also provide more airflow. I'll throw $20 into the pot. If we all throw in some cash if guarantee we'd get some creative juices flowing and then we can all vote on a winner. :fist bump:

Sponsored

IPSCOJL

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018SRT
IMG_0222.jpg
IMG_0221.jpg

Don't know how, or what, or who, just noticed this while driving to work lol.

Does anyone know if these vents can be purchased?
The vent are fake, they do not vent anything, they have a small hole for water to drain out that all., I had the same thing happen to one of my vents, if you look at it close you will see the glue that was used to bond the base to the grill does not go all around the base. Mt just fell off while washing the jeep. I re-glued mine but also got a set off ebay to be used to make the vent works. It is a manufactures defect so you should be able to get jeep to replace it, you may also want to pull on the pass side to make sure it's ok.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
I'm an old school muscle car guy. I HATE fake hood vents/scoops. C'mon Jeep, you're part of the Mopar family...

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
You should have seen the salesman trying to explain to me how the Rubicon hood scoops actually worked. He may have caught me rolling my eyes.

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I always assumed these were fake (as far as actually venting anything goes). But I think the look is fine. Same with the side vents.

Sponsored

Firecracker18

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Jeep, Honda Lawnmower
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
Yep - such a controversial subject being real or fake. I say they are for looks only:

Stretcher

Yep - such a controversial subject being real or fake. I say they are for looks only:

There's no way in the world these are real vents. If they were the hole below them in the metal would be larger and more than likely you'd have cutouts in the hood heat shield. It boggles my mind to think people think these do anything except look cool and drain rain water through that tiny metal hole beneath them.

OP
OP
wranglerguyman

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
So the dealership actually replaced the vent under warranty as a "one time courtesy". I think that was because I had Jeep Cares involved with the other service issues and I let them know ahead of time which *may* have instituted the "one time courtesy".
Sponsored