And then this happened…

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
After waiting in line for a prescription for the second night in a row after work to find out they still didn’t fill it, I get back to the Jeep to find this.

Now, I will leave on a positive note;

An older gentleman approached me while I was getting ready to leave and pointed it out. I was already in a bad mood from the day and the pharmacy’s mess up. However, the guy said, “I use to have a 2013 and for some reason, nails and screws seemed to find their way into the sides of my tires all the time.” He left with “have a good night man”. I was still pissed, but at least I was less pissed.

Pressure hasn’t dropped and I am pretty confident I could just pull it out. I will stop by the shop tomorrow though, just to be safe.

4BEFACC6-4C42-4A14-92A5-958ECDB1347C.jpeg

FF0A0D1D-B74A-405C-B747-35F6C74FB2B7.jpeg
Sponsored

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Plus A8 & F8 Green
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
Spray it down with a soapy solution; no bubbles = no leak. If it leaks.....it’s non-repairable anyway.

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
How do you like the mud grapplers compared to the factory ko2’s?

what size tires are they?

I like the look of the MG’s but I know they’re noisy, curious about your impressions on ride comfort compared to factory and road noise

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
If it’s not leaking air, don’t remove it and flatten the tire. You can drive it to wherever is convenient to put on your spare. It is not advised to repair a tire with a puncture in that location, but it can be done. If you want to save $, repair it to use as a spare. Check it for leakage weekly. Do a 4 tire rotation instead of 5. If it lasts until it’s time to buy your next set of tires, you’ve lost nothing.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager
Yeah. You have a really good spare right there. It's probably fine to plug though if you wanted. It's on the edge.
The shop is going to try and sell you a new tire.

Tethmes

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLWS
Occupation
Management
An older gentleman approached me while I was getting ready to leave and pointed it out.
Wait wait wait... so this dude just happened to be inspecting your tires from across the parking lot and came over to point the screw out to you as you were leaving, then makes a cryptic comment about how they find their way into side walls all the time? Maybe I just need a tin foil hat...

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. Most tire shops won’t repair this. A mom and pop might. Or you can DIY.
Gotcha, now I know why a local shop didn't want to try to fix a flat that was at the edge of the thread a couple years ago.

Sponsored

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Wait wait wait... so this dude just happened to be inspecting your tires from across the parking lot and came over to point the screw out to you as you were leaving, then makes a cryptic comment about how they find their way into side walls all the time? Maybe I just need a tin foil hat...
I'm sure the guy was admiring the Jeep and then when he noticed the owner walking up and figured he would warn him about the screw... Would be pretty bold to puncture someone's tire and then tell them about it, but I get where your head is at.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
How do you like the mud grapplers compared to the factory ko2’s?

what size tires are they?

I like the look of the MG’s but I know they’re noisy, curious about your impressions on ride comfort compared to factory and road noise
They are the loudest tires I’ve had. I actually like the noise, but that’s just me. I have boggers on my yj and the grapplers are louder. As far as the ride quality, I can’t really say it’s a good comparison. These are 37x13.50r20 and the stock ko’s were 33” on 17s. I also run them pretty low (psi), so they ride a lot better. They are awesome in the mud, hence the name. I’ve owned a handful of mud tires and these are one of the best.

If you don’t like noisy tires, don’t get them.

Catdom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
After waiting in line for a prescription for the second night in a row after work to find out they still didn’t fill it, I get back to the Jeep to find this.

Now, I will leave on a positive note;

An older gentleman approached me while I was getting ready to leave and pointed it out. I was already in a bad mood from the day and the pharmacy’s mess up. However, the guy said, “I use to have a 2013 and for some reason, nails and screws seemed to find their way into the sides of my tires all the time.” He left with “have a good night man”. I was still pissed, but at least I was less pissed.

Pressure hasn’t dropped and I am pretty confident I could just pull it out. I will stop by the shop tomorrow though, just to be safe.

Jeep Wrangler JL And then this happened… FF0A0D1D-B74A-405C-B747-35F6C74FB2B7

Jeep Wrangler JL And then this happened… FF0A0D1D-B74A-405C-B747-35F6C74FB2B7
Was the old guy's name by chance, Phillip S Crew?

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
I'm sure the guy was admiring the Jeep and then when he noticed the owner walking up and figured he would warn him about the screw... Would be pretty bold to puncture someone's tire and then tell them about it, but I get where your head is at.
Yup, he told me he was admiring the Jeep when he walked into the store. He just happened to be walking back to his vehicle when I was loading up.

The screw was there before I parked. If you look closer, you can see the wear and tear on the upper lug.

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
They are the loudest tires I’ve had. I actually like the noise, but that’s just me. I have boggers on my yj and the grapplers are louder. As far as the ride quality, I can’t really say it’s a good comparison. These are 37x13.50r20 and the stock ko’s were 33” on 17s. I also run them pretty low (psi), so they ride a lot better. They are awesome in the mud, hence the name. I’ve owned a handful of mud tires and these are one of the best.

If you don’t like noisy tires, don’t get them.
I just can’t decide.

the ko2’s are relatively quiet and offer a smooth ride

nitto trail grapplers seem to be the most popular (I have zero experience with them)

nitto mud grapplers look the coolest, are the noisiest, and am unsure how the ride feel is compared to the ko2’s

sorry to thread Jack but out of the three what made you decide to go with the mud grapplers and would you do it again?
Sponsored