'22 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

Mine&Hers

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon
Won’t pass inspection here in Virginia ,along with most everything else we have become the East Coast California 😩

TimC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU , 2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Telecom
Black background on the oculus headlights doesn’t diminish performance .

Sponsored

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
Sweat Shop Manger, Slum Lord and Break Dancer
Anyone know of or have smoked LED headlights on their Jeep? I’m not interested In just placing a plastic cap over my existing headlights though.

I see that @Quake LED carries something like I’m looking for - but only for the JK unfortunately.

https://quakeled.com/7-inch-headlig...black-reflector-tempest-series-quake-led.html
We do have this headlight available for the JL and JT linked here:

Jeep Wrangler JL/Gladiator 9 Inch RGB Headlights (quakeled.com)

These are also a great option if you wanted a halo:
Jeep JL/JT 9" Headlights with DRL, Sequential Turns and RGB Accent (quakeled.com)
(They have a sequential turn signal and white drl that should match the chop kit you already have).

The last option that is just completely different compared to most headlights offered is our x-wing. (I am particular to this option due to it's performance on low and high beam, although you can't go wrong with which ever option you choose.)

Jeep Wrangler JL/Gladiator JT Headlights w/ White X-Wing DRL (quakeled.com)

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Won’t pass inspection here in Virginia ,along with most everything else we have become the East Coast California 😩
Actually, California is pretty laid back about mods. The only thing they are sticklers about are emission-related stuff.

No front plate? Who cares. Six-inch lift? Go have fun. Tires poke out? No problem. No mud flaps? What are those? Pink headlights? How cute...!

But you put on a cold air intake...? A new cat back...? Oh, let’s take a look...

Sponsored

drpericak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Earl JLU Rubicon
Occupation
dentist
I resent that comment. NY is clearly East Coast California.

phageghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Actually, California is pretty laid back about mods. The only thing they are sticklers about are emission-related stuff.

No front plate? Who cares. Six-inch lift? Go have fun. Tires poke out? No problem. No mud flaps? What are those? Pink headlights? How cute...!

But you put on a cold air intake...? A new cat back...? Oh, let’s take a look...
By law, front plate is required and fenders or mudflaps have to cover the entire width of the tire. Also some fairly strict restrictions on auxiliary lights and keeping them covered. But, yeah, in practice you need a bored cop to get hassled on those. Emissions stuff they will definitely crucify you for.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
By law, front plate is required and fenders or mudflaps have to cover the entire width of the tire. Also some fairly strict restrictions on auxiliary lights and keeping them covered. But, yeah, in practice you need a bored cop to get hassled on those. Emissions stuff they will definitely crucify you for.
Yeah, I didn’t have a front plate on my Honda S2000 or Dodge Challenger. And never got hassled for having oversized tires poke out and no mud flaps on my Jeeps.

West Hollywood and Laguna Beach are notorious for writing you up a ticket for whatever reason. I got tickets in those cities for having no front plate. But it was a “fix it” ticket: put the plate on, drive to a CHP office, pay $10 and you are good to go. I’d remove the plate as soon as I got home... 😫

phageghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Yeah, I didn’t have a front plate on my Honda S2000 or Dodge Challenger. And never got hassled for having oversized tires poke out and no mud flaps on my Jeeps.
For some reason, the first two vehicles I owned both had their front plates stolen early on, and never had a problem for years. It only became a problem when the cops used it as a pretext to pull over my roommates who were driving my truck, in order to bust them for something else (plead the 5th here).

West Hollywood and Laguna Beach are notorious for writing you up a ticket for whatever reason. I got tickets in those cities for having no front plate. But it was a “fix it” ticket: put the plate on, drive to a CHP office, pay $10 and you are good to go. I’d remove the plate as soon as I got home... 😫
La Jolla, in San Diego, is notorious for this. In my younger days I was driving around with friends in my beater car with one headlight, rolled into La Jolla and didn't get more than few blocks before we were pulled over and standing on the sidewalk being asked what we were doing there while they searched the car for evidence of naughtiness. Didn't mention the missing front license plate though!

Very much this:
824-with-text.jpg

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
For some reason, the first two vehicles I owned both had their front plates stolen early on, and never had a problem for years. It only became a problem when the cops used it as a pretext to pull over my roommates who were driving my truck, in order to bust them for something else (plead the 5th here).

La Jolla, in San Diego, is notorious for this. In my younger days I was driving around with friends in my beater car with one headlight, rolled into La Jolla and didn't get more than few blocks before we were pulled over and standing on the sidewalk being asked what we were doing there while they searched the car for evidence of naughtiness. Didn't mention the missing front license plate though!

Very much this:
824-with-text.jpg
Funny. I actually lived in Malibu for two years.

One time my roommate and I were shooting the shit, drinking a beer and playing music in the car on Zuma Beach. It was after work in the middle of the week; it was totally dead. A cop knocks on my window, asks what we are doing and for IDs. I say “we are just listening to some tunes, officer.” He sees the beers. But as soon as he sees a Malibu address on my drivers license, he mellows down. Tells us to keep it down and left us alone.

My roommate had an AZ DL; they would probably had searched the car and given us a hard time if neither of us had been “local.”
Sponsored