Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Railroader
Vehicle Showcase
Brad41, @Maximus-3 , or anyone else. I finally have the time to install the X20 with the Maximus-3 plate this upcoming weekend. Its nerve racking have the parts, but not a free day to get it all done. I have been going through all the instructions (doing a couple other installs this weekend too) and I have 1 question.

What about the Skid plate? When you add the Maximus-3 plate, you add a couple spacers in front of the frame. Will the push out of the bumper give you any troubles reattaching the skid plate? Not sure if there is "play" in the skid plate, or will I need to drill out the holes a bit larger?

Just making sure I am good to go here. Thanks for the help.
I just installed my winch with the Maximus plate Saturday night. I ran into fitment issues, at no fault to their product. There’s a mount that is welded ~ 3/8 lower on the pass side then the driver side. I had to cut away at the plate to make it work. Came out good tho. Had to fool around making a bracket for the Warn interrupt kit so this took a bit longer than expected.

08E846AC-3C4F-47FB-89D8-D0BCB48CB3EA.jpeg

0BF1B21F-FCE4-4189-B01B-05F8CA385A1D.jpeg
Sponsored

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLUR firecracker red
Brad41, @Maximus-3 , or anyone else. I finally have the time to install the X20 with the Maximus-3 plate this upcoming weekend. Its nerve racking have the parts, but not a free day to get it all done. I have been going through all the instructions (doing a couple other installs this weekend too) and I have 1 question.

What about the Skid plate? When you add the Maximus-3 plate, you add a couple spacers in front of the frame. Will the push out of the bumper give you any troubles reattaching the skid plate? Not sure if there is "play" in the skid plate, or will I need to drill out the holes a bit larger?

Just making sure I am good to go here. Thanks for the help.
Hey there,

I didn’t have any issues. For me, it was bolt on and go. Skid plate went back fine

DezertTitan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Railroader
Vehicle Showcase
Hooked up the winch last weekend, but got called into work by the end. Finally finished wiring up the Warn Interrupt to the Aux switches yesterday tho. Tested & confirmed - it works! Not too tough of an install. Hardest part is figuring out how to mount the solenoid & making it look half way descent.

333CEA21-AE94-4CC2-8195-E916059C4913.jpeg

41FB1C16-E048-486B-8313-25464D7B946F.jpeg

Ctaylor1432

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
Hooked up the winch last weekend, but got called into work by the end. Finally finished wiring up the Warn Interrupt to the Aux switches yesterday tho. Tested & confirmed - it works! Not too tough of an install. Hardest part is figuring out how to mount the solenoid & making it look half way descent.

333CEA21-AE94-4CC2-8195-E916059C4913.jpeg

41FB1C16-E048-486B-8313-25464D7B946F.jpeg
Could you not wire the aux switch in place of the control box on/off switch? It wouldn’t be on the main power side.

ML7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered the Rusty plate and synthetic rope mount plate and a Cascadia 4x4 Flipster for my new X20 Comp 10k winch, will post pics once its mounted, thanks for the info in this thread ordering the Rustys plate saved and the synth rope mount is a nice touch.
Question:
I would like to get a cover for the X20 mounted in the factory steel bumper - anyone using one ?

Sponsored

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
Just ordered the Rusty plate and synthetic rope mount plate and a Cascadia 4x4 Flipster for my new X20 Comp 10k winch, will post pics once its mounted, thanks for the info in this thread ordering the Rustys plate saved and the synth rope mount is a nice touch.
Question:
I would like to get a cover for the X20 mounted in the factory steel bumper - anyone using one ?
Check out this thread:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/steel-bumper-gap-with-winch.31482/page-2

Reactions: ML7

ML7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase