Sponsored

Rugged Ridge Front & Rear Full Width HD Bumper Install W/ Smittybilt X20 Gen Comp

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Kind of spoke to soon.

Now I am getting an entirely different random occurance with the rear sensors:

IMG_9776.jpeg

However, if something does come behind me they will just start working and displaying normally.

I think I'm going to remove the bumper and dry out the sensors, all the cable and then seal them all up and install them again into the bumper...

SOLVED ONCE AND FOR ALL

So, I was getting some suspension work done today - I mentioned this issue to the guy that runs the shop. He said that sometimes all that is needed is to pressure wash the sensors, especially the grooves where they sit in a bumper.

I had already tried pressure washing from the back of the jeep.

When I got home - I actually decided to spray the sensors from behind, from inside the bumper.

This solved it. No more issues ever since.

The pressure did actually push out some of the rubber washers that are installed around the edge of the sensors, which I was then able to wipe and push back in too...

And on the official MOPAR site:

If "PARKSENSE UNAVAILABLE WIPE SENSORS" appears in the instrument cluster display make sure the outer surface and the underside of the rear fascia/bumper and/or front fascia/bumper is clean and clear of snow, ice, mud, dirt or other obstruction and then cycle the ignition.

NO NOT SOLVED THEN

BUT SOLVED NOW FOR REAL!!

UPDATED: After a day, the sensors again started saying there was something about 3 feet behind me.

Here's what solved it:

It was the bumper angle.

Putting the shackles on the back, as well - when I would close the rear door it would push down on my license plate on the the bumper.

Turns out that over time the bumper angle changed just slightly which caused all this argh!

So, i loosened the bumper.

I pointed it up - and it detected the spare tire with a red solid bar.

I pointed the bumper down as far as possible - and it detected something behind me at about 2 feet away.

I lifted the bumper a bit - it showed something 3 feet away.

I angled it up a fraction more - perfect. No sensors.

I then ran tests of angling the bumper up or down and they would detect either the spare wheel, or the ground.

It's been working now for almost a week with no issues.

You are a life saver...I have been having the same intermittent "clean sensors" error since I put my HD Bumper on last week. Loosened it all up slid it back all the way and straightened it out and now its all good.

Thanks man!!

--NY
Sponsored

OP
OP
McGilli

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
You are a life saver...I have been having the same intermittent "clean sensors" error since I put my HD Bumper on last week. Loosened it all up slid it back all the way and straightened it out and now its all good.

Thanks man!!

--NY
Glad my post was able to help!

OP
OP
McGilli

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NEW UPDATE:

My rear parking sensors were working perfectly for... well last time I posted here about them. So like 3 months or so since I tilted the angle and got it perfect.

Suddenly a few days ago - it starts beeping like there's something right behind me. Ugh.

I figure - ok, maybe the bumper angle changed and it's picking up the spare wheel.

Thing is - I go and spray the sensor with water - and it goes away. When it dries it's back. I'm like wtf...

Regardless I decide to start from scratch.

I remove the spare wheel. Still beeps.

I tilt the bumper up and down, every single angle you can try. Still beeps.

Essentially - I had to remove the bumper, then I had to remove the sensor:

I should mention it was always the middle driver side sensor that was beeping.

I removed it completely - washed the sensor - reinstalled.

Fixed. For now... I'm dreading putting it into reverse :CWL:

Reactions: TJP

TJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed a new bumper and these are acting up. If I cant get it straight Im going to disable them w my tazer.

NEW UPDATE:

My rear parking sensors were working perfectly for... well last time I posted here about them. So like 3 months or so since I tilted the angle and got it perfect.

Suddenly a few days ago - it starts beeping like there's something right behind me. Ugh.

I figure - ok, maybe the bumper angle changed and it's picking up the spare wheel.

Thing is - I go and spray the sensor with water - and it goes away. When it dries it's back. I'm like wtf...

Regardless I decide to start from scratch.

I remove the spare wheel. Still beeps.

I tilt the bumper up and down, every single angle you can try. Still beeps.

Essentially - I had to remove the bumper, then I had to remove the sensor:

I should mention it was always the middle driver side sensor that was beeping.

I removed it completely - washed the sensor - reinstalled.

Fixed. For now... I'm dreading putting it into reverse :CWL:

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Any update on these sensors? The RR front/rear bumpers are on my list but I don't want headaches.

Also, is the steel really thin? It says on their product page that it's 2.55mm, which seems paper thin - similar budget bumpers say they're 5/32 steel, which is closer to 4mm

Sponsored

devonn216

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Do the backup sensors “click” into the RR HD Bumper is so they sit loosely? Also mine didn’t come with bolts, washers, and nuts for the backup sensor brackets. It just came with 8 useless screws. The holes aren’t threaded for screws and the instructions mention bolts.

OP
OP
McGilli

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do the backup sensors “click” into the RR HD Bumper is so they sit loosely? Also mine didn’t come with bolts, washers, and nuts for the backup sensor brackets. It just came with 8 useless screws. The holes aren’t threaded for screws and the instructions mention bolts.
There were the metal brackets with the bolts to keep them in place. they never clicked per se - just fit in and the brackets then lock them in.

trippnk

First Name
Kendal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Gray JLUR 2.0L
Bumper all good after a day in the mountains!

IMG_9569.jpeg

IMG_9570.jpeg
I just dropped my jeep off to have the same bumper installed but now I’m reading that some folks have rubbing under flex. Do you have any rubbing and what size tires are you running?

OP
OP
McGilli

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just dropped my jeep off to have the same bumper installed but now I’m reading that some folks have rubbing under flex. Do you have any rubbing and what size tires are you running?
Hey!

No I haven't. I'm running the stock wheels/tires that came with my Sahara which are like 33 or something. I never went for anything bigger as I drive 99% more highway than I off-road.
Sponsored