Sponsored

Sliders/Steps while keeping factory rock rails

Original_Junior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JKURXR
Since ACE sold their company, the new company (maker of Steinjager) really got proud of those rock rails. Wow!
Sponsored

wnorton

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU, F350
Iā€™m looking too. The only ones Iā€™ve seen that keep the rubi rail is ACE engineering.

keep us in the loop on what you decide on.
good luck

OP
OP
Pepper23

Pepper23

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
60C2148B-3330-4527-93D5-7018689B6CF4.jpeg

$15 fold up step, fits under the front seat. A rope is attached to pull it up after you get in. Me n my 95 yr old mom use it all the time. Just a thought. šŸ˜‰
Thanks, funny thing is, thatā€™s the current system that I need to upgrade. My folding stool has been with me through a Tundra and a 4Runner but itā€™s become too short now that I have the Rubicon. My plan will likely be to use the stool and some form of step/slide. I like the red one though, mine is black.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pepper23

Pepper23

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Since ACE sold their company, the new company (maker of Steinjager) really got proud of those rock rails. Wow!
Yeah, I donā€™t know what they went for in the past, but over 1k, no thanks.

Sponsored

GatorWrangler

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR XR
Steps only, MORE hide a step.
Added bar to Rubi Rails, Extreme Terrain's house brand Barricade: https://www.extremeterrain.com/barricade-rock-sliders-2018-jl-4-door.html
I hadn't seen these before in my searches. Nice! I like that they keep the Rubi Rails like the ACE do. Like the price better. If you get a chance, can you please post some pics of these? Maybe:
  • straight on from the side as if walking towards the side of your jeep
  • top down with a foot on the step

GatorWrangler

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR XR
Iā€™m looking too. The only ones Iā€™ve seen that keep the rubi rail is ACE engineering.

keep us in the loop on what you decide on.
good luck
Same. Thatā€™s all I could find as well. Not quite what Iā€™m looking for.
If you do find a solution please let us know. My JL is new and just beginning the build. I have other priorities now but the sliders are moving up the list. šŸ˜Š
Also, it seems, the Barricade's mentioned in this thread.

Last edited:

AMT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T
Iā€™m looking into adding some slider/steps to my 2022 JLUR, while shopping it generally seems impossible to find only those sliders that allow me to keep the original rock rails, any knowledge regarding which aftermarket sliders work with the factory rails would be greatly appreciated. Iā€™m by no means set on keeping the rails, I just want to explore the option as opposed to abandoning it outright.

With a trip to Colorado coming up fast, the ā€œstepā€ portion of this upgrade has become more urgent, as it now appears I get to lug mom out there on this one.

Likewise, any suggestions for any type of sliders/steps are welcome, Iā€™m cheap, thinking $300-600.

Thanks in advance!

Added steps to existing Rubicon rock rails. Installation was more of a pain in the ass than I originally thought; drilling holes in the rails sucked. They are easily removable when wheeling, though. Had to buy the riv-nut tool as well (glad I did, have used it for many other things. Was also cheap on amazon). Cheap way to get steps for the wife and kids until I get some real sliders with a step.

I followed Badassbumblebee's process here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/bolt-on-steps-to-rubicon-rock-rail.23781/post-1081523

Steps can be bought on amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Lund-26410020-Black-Steel-4-Piece/dp/B00K6DN6DE/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3TFXH0TMGRJJK&keywords=rampage+products+steps&qid=1655390835&sprefix=rampage+products+steps,aps,119&sr=8-5

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I hadn't seen these before in my searches. Nice! I like that they keep the Rubi Rails like the ACE do. Like the price better. If you get a chance, can you please post some pics of these? Maybe:
  • straight on from the side as if walking towards the side of your jeep
  • top down with a foot on the step
I just found those back when I was looking, I did not end up going with them.
Sponsored