Sliders/Steps while keeping factory rock rails

Pepper23

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I’m looking into adding some slider/steps to my 2022 JLUR, while shopping it generally seems impossible to find only those sliders that allow me to keep the original rock rails, any knowledge regarding which aftermarket sliders work with the factory rails would be greatly appreciated. I’m by no means set on keeping the rails, I just want to explore the option as opposed to abandoning it outright.

With a trip to Colorado coming up fast, the “step” portion of this upgrade has become more urgent, as it now appears I get to lug mom out there on this one.

Likewise, any suggestions for any type of sliders/steps are welcome, I’m cheap, thinking $300-600.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
I’d say just pay mom 500 bucks to stay home. She’s just going to annoy the crap out of you anyway. :bandit:
Probably nothing in that price range honestly.

Last edited:

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Jeep Wrangler JL Sliders/Steps while keeping factory rock rails E5F5106C-A4B9-4178-9296-F9C029FD72A4

I run these. They are a slider first, but could be used as a step. They where about $800 shipped, so a little outside of you budget.

I know a lot of people used the ACE Rock Sliders, they work with the OEM rails. But appear to went up in price. But they don’t look to be good steps.

ACE Sliders

Honestly not sure would would be in the $3-600 price range.

OP
OP
Pepper23

Pepper23

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I have some from ACE, work decently as steps,

I added some grip tape because when wet were slippery.

And just checked the price and they did go up a lot, I want to say I paid 1/2 that a few years ago
Yeah, for half that price I’d be all in, nothing much about them is screaming “I’m that much better then the rest of the pack!” Thanks for the input!

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 money pits: Turbo Busa, Road King, 22JLUR snazz
Occupation
Powerplant operator
Why are you set on keeping added weight on the Jeep that does nothing for protection under sliders? Just for looks?

OP
OP
Pepper23

Pepper23

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Why are you set on keeping added weight on the Jeep that does nothing for protection under sliders? Just for looks?
Not set on looks, although I don’t really like to see too much of the seam area. Just seems a tad wasteful and I thought if I could double up, so to speak, that would be ok. The weight concern is a good one though, that was a big concern on my front bumper choice, I should probably apply it to the sides as well. Two of the more disappointing factory items are the rails and the bumpers, none of them were what I wanted, but the other Rubicon goodies were right up my alley.

Gravytheclown

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Willys
I was originally looking for the same thing. I ended up buy these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CZT63K7?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

After pulling off the stock sliders that cam with my Willys, I was glad I didn't find what I thought I originally wanted.
1 even though I was my Jeep thoroughly with pressure washer, there was lots of dirt and DG (disintegrate Granite) built up in between the rails and the body.
2 the rails only mount to the body, There are 3 or 4 bolts that go through the side of the body and 3 bolts that come up from underneath into the body.
My new slider steps allow me to clean all trail debris away from the body and it mounts to the frame.

It don't look bad at all, not anywhere near how I though it would look. I am glad I didn't get what I thought I wanted

Gravy

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pepper23

Pepper23

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Thanks, I forgot about the hide-a-step, that’s somewhat appealing, one drawback seems to be that they would really take some hard hits from rocks, have you heard anything about that part?
They have quick disconnects IIRC.

If you're going to hit em, I'd ditch the stock Rubi Rails and go frame mounted sliders.

OP
OP
Pepper23

Pepper23

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I was originally looking for the same thing. I ended up buy these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CZT63K7?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

After pulling off the stock sliders that cam with my Willys, I was glad I didn't find what I thought I originally wanted.
1 even though I was my Jeep thoroughly with pressure washer, there was lots of dirt and DG (disintegrate Granite) built up in between the rails and the body.
2 the rails only mount to the body, There are 3 or 4 bolts that go through the side of the body and 3 bolts that come up from underneath into the body.
My new slider steps allow me to clean all trail debris away from the body and it mounts to the frame.

It don't look bad at all, not anywhere near how I though it would look. I am glad I didn't get what I thought I wanted

Gravy
Those are nice looking, how long have you had them and how are they holding up?

OP
OP
Pepper23

Pepper23

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
They have quick disconnects IIRC.

If you're going to hit em, I'd ditch the stock Rubi Rails and go frame mounted sliders.
I’m not a rock crawler (yet?) but I do try to keep my options open and definitely don’t want to put stuff under there that’s just going to snag or break. I noticed the disconnect but wasn’t sure how much was still left exposed and and how badly, I should likely take your advice and mount something to the frame.

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team