Sponsored

Skid plates

DMortensen1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Just wanted to get some opinions on what skid plates I might look at adding to my 2018 JLU Sport. I'm not planning on doing any serious rock crawling, just some moderate trails here and there.
Sponsored

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Just wanted to get some opinions on what skid plates I might look at adding to my 2018 JLU Sport. I'm not planning on doing any serious rock crawling, just some moderate trails here and there.
I have a JLU sport and do some moderate/difficult trails and the factory gas tank and transfer case skids are adequate. I’m going to get a engine / transmission skid plate. I’m leaning towards EVO’s unit with the optional exhaust loop skid.

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
The only one I've added to my Rubi so far is the Rancho front skid plate:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G3VVZ5K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That one is for the Dana 44 that (I believe, but someone will correct me if I'm wrong) you would have in a Sport if you got the limited slip. If not I think there is another one for the stock Sport front diff. that's the spot that gets hit most, and where the drain plug is it can get damaged. The factory skid plates are fine for moderate trails and a reasonably competent driver.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Which engine? I was considering the Asfir engine skid made out of aluminum for under $300 shipped.

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
Hey there!

We offer a ton of different skid plate options for your JL! I have attached a link to a couple that I recommend that should work for your Jeep needs! We also offer a discount to all forum members! If you find something you would like a quote on just send us your info and the part number(s) that you would like to order and I will respond to you with a quote ASAP!

quadratec-engine-tranfer-case-skid-plate-kit-jl-12500%200280-main.jpg

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadrat...n-and-transfer-case-skid-plates-jeep-wrangler

Rough-Country-10616-Skid-Plate-System-Engine-Transfer-Case-Skid-Plates-Wrangler-Unlimited-JL.jpg

https://www.quadratec.com/p/rough-c...wrangler-unlimited/engine-transfer-case-10616

https://www.quadratec.com/categories/jeep_armor_protection/skid_plates?kw=skid plates

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions! Have a great day!

-Justin

achepcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I have been considering skid plates as well, but was wondering what are the drawbacks to having them? Is it weight and/or airflow?

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hey there!

We offer a ton of different skid plate options for your JL! I have attached a link to a couple that I recommend that should work for your Jeep needs! We also offer a discount to all forum members! If you find something you would like a quote on just send us your info and the part number(s) that you would like to order and I will respond to you with a quote ASAP!

quadratec-engine-tranfer-case-skid-plate-kit-jl-12500%200280-main.jpg

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadrat...n-and-transfer-case-skid-plates-jeep-wrangler

Rough-Country-10616-Skid-Plate-System-Engine-Transfer-Case-Skid-Plates-Wrangler-Unlimited-JL.jpg

https://www.quadratec.com/p/rough-c...wrangler-unlimited/engine-transfer-case-10616

https://www.quadratec.com/categories/jeep_armor_protection/skid_plates?kw=skid plates

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions! Have a great day!

-Justin
I do like the aluminum one you make. What would be the forum discount on it?
Thanks

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I have a sport and do moderate/aggressive trails. I have diff skids, exhaust loop skid and control arm skids.

only things i have scraped so far are the diff skids.
im sure ive lightly scraped more but ive been under my jeep and dont really see anything scraped up beyond the diff skids and sliders.

i have rubi suspension and 35s. Even when i was on 33s i didnt scrape often.

for light offroading, id get the front diff cover and focus on some other stuff first. Mild lift and tires. some rubi rock rails wont hurt and look better than nothing

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
I do like the aluminum one you make. What would be the forum discount on it?
Thanks
Hey there!

We start all forum members off with a %5 discount on all applicable products! Your discount will grow as your account history grows! If you PM me your info I would be more than happy to get you a quote on it! Let me know if you have any other questions! Have a great day!

-Justin

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I have a JLU sport and do some moderate/difficult trails and the factory gas tank and transfer case skids are adequate. I’m going to get a engine / transmission skid plate. I’m leaning towards EVO’s unit with the optional exhaust loop skid.
I believe that for the Evo skids you have to remove the factory crossmember? Thoughts on this? Any long term effects?

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I believe that for the Evo skids you have to remove the factory crossmember? Thoughts on this? Any long term effects?
The so called factory skid is kind of a joke really. most of the aftermarket solutions do away with it.

deserthi

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Wrangler Rubicon Manual Trans
Hello,
I am at the end of my rope trying to find a skid plate for my 2021 JLU Rubicon. It seems that the 2021 wranglers now have hydraulic motor mounts and all the available skid plates that say 2018 to current or to 2021 are incorrect. All the the skid plates I have looked at have arms at the front the go up and bolt in a hole in the mount at the motor mount but like I said, with the hydraulic mounts there is no longer any place to mount those arms. Any help would be appreciated
Sponsored