First Name
Chic-ette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon Edition
Occupation
RMT
Hey peeps. I went on a really intense trail a couple weeks ago. Lots of Boulder climbing and slamming into rocks. I noticed when I was done I now have some big cracks in the sidewalls of my back two tires. These tires are only a year old. They are the Falkins that come with the Rubicon. Should I be concerned or keep riding them?
Sponsored

runningshoes

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Without knowing how deep the tears are, it's hard to say. Can you gauge the depth by using a toothpick after breaking off the sharp edge or something similar? If one of the tires is really bad, rotate to the spare and see if you're losing air over the next few weeks. I don't know that I'd go off roading again without knowing more about the condition of the tires though.

Col_Sanders

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Pictures would be pretty helpful

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Hey peeps. I went on a really intense trail a couple weeks ago. Lots of Boulder climbing and slamming into rocks. I noticed when I was done I now have some big cracks in the sidewalls of my back two tires. These tires are only a year old. They are the Falkins that come with the Rubicon. Should I be concerned or keep riding them?
@HeavyMetalFox

DO ..... ASAP, take a few minutes to stop by a local tire shop in your town that has a good reputation.... and ask them for their opinion in regard to those 2 tires...

For sure, do keep those tires in the rear and do not rotate either of them to the front unless they are deemed usable/fit..

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
They should have a warranty on them. If they came on the Jeep and it’s only a year old then I’d go to the dealer and see what they say. Or a Falkin dealer but they will probably refer you back to the Jeep dealer since they are stock tires. But doesn’t hurt to try either one or both.

Oh and I’d probably not tell them you were off-roading the Jeep and noticed right after. Don’t give them a reason to deny a warranty claim.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Yeah, I'd be concerned. And, no, I wouldn't try to warranty anything I believe was my doing.
Sponsored