OP
OP
D60

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@D60 @Greg H I was just under 11K ft the first time and near 13K ft the second time this happened. Mine has the 3.6 engine, do you guys have the 2.0?
Nah I've got the 3.6. And I've run over California Gulch and Corkscrew without this occurring, so it's not every time I climb something high in low range.

I've driven over Coal Bank, Molas, Red Mountain, Wolf Creek & Kenosha without incident in 2hi, so I too was leaning toward 4lo somehow being involved.

Of course I've never had it happen in Moab in 4lo and I've done some long days over there, so it does seem more likely that 4lo+higher elevation somehow equals false alarms.....weird
Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
Twice now after somewhat extended low range climbs in Colo I simultaneously get both warnings that stop/start is unavailable and to service traction control.

Actually both times have been shortly after starting the descent. Time #1 was bone stock, time #2 was lifted on 38s

It doesn't affect driveability and both times I was in low range - when both TC and ESS should be automatically disabled. I really feel like 4lo being engaged is just fighting with the nannies that try to come back, and the vehicle basically has split personalities LOL

If I shut down and restart it clears

Anyone else get these two errors together, simultaneously?

And JeepCares thank you you if you're tempted to reply but I won't be able to recreate for my dealer, unless a tech wants to spend a full day on the trail with me ;)
This is the beginning of a terrible experience. Mine 2017 JLU Sahara is in the shop for the 6th time as I write this and Jeep Wave is working it with factory techs. Vacuum pump, hose and valve replacement donā€™t fix it.

OP
OP
D60

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
This is the beginning of a terrible experience. Mine 2017 JLU Sahara is in the shop for the 6th time as I write this and Jeep Wave is working it with factory techs. Vacuum pump, hose and valve replacement donā€™t fix it.
What's terrible about it?

Sponsored

OP
OP
D60

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
They donā€™t know how to fix it.
Other than meaningless warnings what symptoms are you experiencing?

What does a vac pump, hose or valve have to do with traction control or ESS?

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
Other than meaningless warnings what symptoms are you experiencing?

What does a vac pump, hose or valve have to do with traction control or ESS?
Vac pump and ABS system relatedā€”according to a TSB. Youā€™ll get VHRs saying you need your brakes replacedā€”worn out. ESC error comes on, which means itā€™s on all the time (activates, not errored out), your mpg will drop due to no ESS and ESC on. On a stock Sahara, no lift, nothing better than 17-18mpg max. I own two 2018 JLU Saharas, so I know the differenceā€”wifeā€™s does 22-23. At first the failures are intermittent, 10-20% of the time you drive it then after a few months itā€™s every time and happens by the first stop of the vehicle. Completely reproducible within 100ft of driving. Iā€™m at 15K miles, been happening since 5800 miles.

OP
OP
D60

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Vac pump and ABS system relatedā€”according to a TSB. Youā€™ll get VHRs saying you need your brakes replacedā€”worn out. ESC error comes on, which means itā€™s on all the time (activates, not errored out), your mpg will drop due to no ESS and ESC on. On a stock Sahara, no lift, nothing better than 17-18mpg max. I own two 2018 JLU Saharas, so I know the differenceā€”wifeā€™s does 22-23. At first the failures are intermittent, 10-20% of the time you drive it then after a few months itā€™s every time and happens by the first stop of the vehicle. Completely reproducible within 100ft of driving. Iā€™m at 15K miles, been happening since 5800 miles.
Ok well I'm still not certain we're experiencing the same thing but if I could reproduce it I'd almost welcome it -- or at the very least I'm not even thinking about talking to the dealer 'til it is

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ā€˜Merica

JimN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I get both these messages in my 2.0e. Not off road, not in 4H or 4L, just driving along, usually stop and go traffic, no always. Shut down, restart no message and lights cleared. I have had a dead battery issue while towing behind my RV. Not supposed to need a charge line, teh brake system I have draws NO power from the Jeep. I got where I was going, D E A D. Had to use the key to unlock the doors! I have since added a charge line with a Toad Charger by RVi. Should not be needed! Ine reason we bought this vehicle.

Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
I get both these messages in my 2.0e. Not off road, not in 4H or 4L, just driving along, usually stop and go traffic, no always. Shut down, restart no message and lights cleared. I have had a dead battery issue while towing behind my RV. Not supposed to need a charge line, teh brake system I have draws NO power from the Jeep. I got where I was going, D E A D. Had to use the key to unlock the doors! I have since added a charge line with a Toad Charger by RVi. Should not be needed! Ine reason we bought this vehicle.
It was a bad vacuum in the break system for me, needs pcm flash when completed.

JimN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
It was a bad vacuum in the break system for me, needs pcm flash when completed.
Interesting. A vacuum leak? I'll go over all teh connections with the brakes. I don't think it is interconnected, but???

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ā€˜Merica