lsp408

First Name
Li
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUS
2018 JLUR 3.6 Auto 47k miles

recently got stop/start unavailable service stop/start message.

check engine light not on but Tazer was able to pull code P00FD.

I have checked both main and aux battery voltage and both are 12.4 when Jeep is off.

anyone Have any idea on what could this be? Jeep drives fine. No issue besides annoying “circle A” light.
Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase

I have checked both main and aux battery voltage and both are 12.4 when Jeep is off.

anyone Have any idea on what could this be? Jeep drives fine. No issue besides annoying “circle A” light.
I believe the P00FD code means your battery "B" or aux/ess battery tested below 12v volts when you started the vehicle.

I just cleared a P00FD on my JLU with JSCAN. I purposely caused the error to test the new PCM update just received at the dealership. I disconnected the aux battery a started the jeep. It failed on the 1st crank, but successfully started on the 2nd crank. However, I now had the P00FD error and the annoying "circle A" warning on the dashboard.

OP
OP

lsp408

First Name
Li
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUS
I believe the P00FD code means your battery "B" or aux/ess battery tested below 12v volts when you started the vehicle.

I just cleared a P00FD on my JLU with JSCAN. I purposely caused the error to test the new PCM update just received at the dealership. I disconnected the aux battery a started the jeep. It failed on the 1st crank, but successfully started on the 2nd crank. However, I now had the P00FD error and the annoying "circle A" warning on the dashboard.
Thank you for the info. I plan on replace the aux battery and see what happen after

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler

anyone Have any idea on what could this be? Jeep drives fine. No issue , annoying “circle A” light.
Li: the only way to test the ESS/Aux battery voltage is to detach its ground from the main battery and put your positive connector (provided you have a volt meter) on one of several places, the easiest being the main (that's right main) battery's positive post and the dangling negative wire coming from the ESS/Aux battery.

If your not sure which negative wire comes from the ESS/Aux battery then temporarily disconnect everything from the main battery's negative post for the test.

It sounds like what you got was a composite voltage of both batteries.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Replaced AUX14 and took care of issue.
8A24D389-CC44-4BE5-896C-3DAE807461FB.jpeg
Glad to hear that you resolved the issue!

Also, next time you have to replace your ESS battery you can save some time by removing the front fender and getting at it from below. Here's a page from the service manual I found in another thread.

Jeep Wrangler JL Stop/Start Unavailable P00FD aux-replace
Sponsored