Sponsored

Service Appointment Problems

caraholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taycan Turbo, 392XR, 981S, F430
Made an appointment for my wife’s new wrangler due to a QC issue. Had to make it three weeks out to fit the dealers schedule. Was supposed to receive a loaner but was denied when I dropped the car off. As I did not buy a car from the dealer and they said their insurance doesn’t allow it. This is total Bs and doesn’t make any sense they should just say they don’t offer loaners to non dealer buyers. Still frustrating as I did purchase my last Jeep through them.

The most annoying aspect is they have had the car three days and have still not looked at the car. Said I still have five cars in front of me. Now I understand it may take time to fix something but to not even look at the vehicle is unacceptable to me when I made an appointment. I could understand if I just came off the streets and dropped the car off.
Now maybe I just haven’t been to an American dealer in a long time and this standard practice but It makes the whole appointment completely pointless. So far not enjoying my return to American dealers.

Sorry for the rant just checking in with others to see if this is standard practice at Jeep dealers. Or if I’m being jerked around.
Sponsored

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
There's a reason Jeep is rated last for customer service...

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Was supposed to receive a loaner but was denied when I dropped the car off. As I did not buy a car from the dealer and they said their insurance doesn’t allow it. This is total Bs and doesn’t make any sense they should just say they don’t offer loaners to non dealer buyers.
Perfectly normal and happens all the time. Unfortunately, dealer is within their right to have this policy.

The most annoying aspect is they have had the car three days and have still not looked at the car. Said I still have five cars in front of me. Now I understand it may take time to fix something but to not even look at the vehicle is unacceptable to me when I made an appointment. I could understand if I just came off the streets and dropped the car off.
Again this is perfectly normal. The dealership has to accept your vehicle as it is a Jeep and it is a Jeep dealership. However, they do not have to guaranty a time frame as to when they will look at/work on the vehicle. Most, if not all, dealerships around here prioritize their own customers before those that purchased/leased elsewhere. It sucks but that's how it goes.

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
Tbh, I’d go pick up the vehicle and find another dealer. Dealers that say “oh you didn’t buy it here…” obviously don’t care about earning future business & probably treat those that did buy there just as poorly.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Tbh, I’d go pick up the vehicle and find another dealer. Dealers that say “oh you didn’t buy it here…” obviously don’t care about earning future business & probably treat those that did buy there just as poorly.
Some customers need to realize their business sucks and not every shop wants it.

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
@JeepCares can help you locate another dealer, just DM them your vin number and info. Best of luck, but this experience doesn’t surprise me. Give them all 1’s on the surveys and watch them get upset.

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
I took mine in for its first oil change/rotation yesterday. I bought out of state so I was a little nervous after reading posts like OPs.
Turned out to be a great experience and I had a nice convo with the service writer. In and out in less than an hour.

Initial-Jeep

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392XR Tuscadero, PT Cruiser Dream Cruisers 2&4
Occupation
Data Engineer, Retired Air Force
Made an appointment for my wife’s new wrangler due to a QC issue. Had to make it three weeks out to fit the dealers schedule. Was supposed to receive a loaner but was denied when I dropped the car off. As I did not buy a car from the dealer and they said their insurance doesn’t allow it. This is total Bs and doesn’t make any sense they should just say they don’t offer loaners to non dealer buyers. Still frustrating as I did purchase my last Jeep through them.

Now maybe I just haven’t been to an American dealer in a long time and this standard practice but It makes the whole appointment completely pointless. So far not enjoying my return to American dealers.

Sorry for the rant just checking in with others to see if this is standard practice at Jeep dealers. Or if I’m being jerked around.
Being jerked around is standard practice.

Having said that, the appointment is just for dropping it off, not for servicing it.

I can see not getting a loaner amidst the vehicle shortage. My local dealer used the rental car place next to it for loaners but that rental place (like many) folded.

What was the "QC issue"?

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
There's a reason Jeep is rated last for customer service...
And nothing will change until customers stop buying their product. Simple. Or a qc problem gets them sued for a few billion, not millions.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@JeepCares can help you locate another dealer, just DM them your vin number and info. Best of luck, but this experience doesn’t surprise me. Give them all 1’s on the surveys and watch them get upset.
Thanks for tagging us. To find a dealer to work with, you can use the Dealer Locate Tool on our website: https://www.jeep.com/find-dealer.html.

Kate
Jeep Cares

OP
OP

caraholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taycan Turbo, 392XR, 981S, F430
It was for a SOT issue with it not tensioning properly on one side. Four days in they finally got it in the shop and looked at it and I picked it up on day five. Had to order a new top so I am stuck with this service department for the top to get fixed. Just not sure I want to deal with what seems like another week minimum to fix the vehicle without a loaner.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
It was for a SOT issue with it not tensioning properly on one side. Four days in they finally got it in the shop and looked at it and I picked it up on day five. Had to order a new top so I am stuck with this service department for the top to get fixed. Just not sure I want to deal with what seems like another week minimum to fix the vehicle without a loaner.
Jeep will pay for a rental, but I believe that’s capped at up to $35 a day in the form of reimbursement… There’s not much to be rented for the $35 per day anymore.

Initial-Jeep

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392XR Tuscadero, PT Cruiser Dream Cruisers 2&4
Occupation
Data Engineer, Retired Air Force
Jeep will pay for a rental, but I believe that’s capped at up to $35 a day in the form of reimbursement… There’s not much to be rented for the $35 per day anymore.
$35/day? That might get you one of those electric scooters...

Jeep Wrangler JL Service Appointment Problems 1653738442146

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Dealers make their profit in the shop. They probably prioritized the high ticket repairs. Also, the dealers can not find good help. Many older and experienced techs split the biz during Covid and never came back. If you need body work you will wait a very long time.
Sponsored