Service 4WD Message

Dan789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler 2020
We are having the same issue with ours. We will be going through the items noted above, pulling connectors and checking ends, fuses etc..

What is the connector behind the glove box that has been mentioned here? Wondering what I am looking for when I look up there.
Sponsored

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Iā€™m circling back on this after having this warning light on and off intermittently for about two years. Everything worked fine and there were no codes so I just let it go.

The last time the light was on I put it into 4WD (which didnā€™t t work) and I think thatā€™s what made it throw a code.

I took it to the dealer because my 3 year warranty is about up. (According to the dealer this would have been covered by the 5 year power train warranty anyway). The code stored was C1403-92 - TCase Sensor Range Performance. They did a few tests and concluded there was an intermittent fault in the TCase Range Sensor and replaced it under warranty. All seems fine now.

Maybe this will help someone else having this warning light.

RGiles

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon/2021 JT Mojave
We are having the same issue with ours. We will be going through the items noted above, pulling connectors and checking ends, fuses etc..

What is the connector behind the glove box that has been mentioned here? Wondering what I am looking for when I look up there.

RGiles

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry first time posting. JLR has been in the shop for 30 days as of today. Service 4wheel drive light is on and front locker wonā€™t engage. I never used the lockers until after the dealer did a regear. I had 4:88ā€™s installed by dealer to avoid voiding the warranty. Fist item they claimed would fix the problem was the transfer case. It didnā€™t solve the issue. Iā€™m being told itā€™s a software issue and the dealer is working with the engineers to rewrite a program. Iā€™ve called Corperate and canā€™t seem to get a call back. I have checked the fuses while at the dealer and found 80 0/0 of them not fully seated. Not sure whatā€™s next. Any help would be appreciated

RGiles

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry first time posting. JLR has been in the shop for 30 days as of today. Service 4wheel drive light is on and front locker wonā€™t engage. I never used the lockers until after the dealer did a regear. I had 4:88ā€™s installed by dealer to avoid voiding the warranty. Fist item they claimed would fix the problem was the transfer case. It didnā€™t solve the issue. Iā€™m being told itā€™s a software issue and the dealer is working with the engineers to rewrite a program. Iā€™ve called Corperate and canā€™t seem to get a call back. I have checked the fuses while at the dealer and found 80 0/0 of them not fully seated. Not sure whatā€™s next. Any help would be appreciated

Sponsored

Dman1011

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU RUBICON
Iā€™m having this happen on my 2020 JLU in Australia, been to the Jeep service in my town? They said they adjusted the axel disconnect sensor but as soon as I left the service Center the light came back on.
Seems a few people here have said tightening a connector under the glove box fixed it, does anyone know more
Specifically what needs to be checked there?

Mine issue it only comes on when in 4wd and usually about 10-20min driving (doesnā€™t happen as frequently on the freeway, only once actually)
Turning the car off/on clears it,

C147B-92
FRONT AXLE DISCONNECT SENSOR CIRCUIT PERFORMANCE OR INCORRECT OPERATION

Last edited:

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
Iā€™m having this happen on my 2020 JLU in Australia, been to the Jeep service in my town? They said they adjusted the axel disconnect sensor but as soon as I left the service Center the light came back on.
Seems a few people here have said tightening a connector under the glove box fixed it, does anyone know more
Specifically what needs to be checked there?

Mine issue it only comes on when in 4wd and usually about 10-20min driving (doesnā€™t happen as frequently on the freeway, only once actually)
Turning the car off/on clears it,

C147B-92
FRONT AXLE DISCONNECT SENSOR CIRCUIT PERFORMANCE OR INCORRECT OPERATION
Were you able to fix your issues? Mine just started doing the same thing. SERV 4WD light turning on after 20 mins of driving. When I start the car again it'll be off.

I called the dealer and they said this isn't covered under the Powertrain warranty and that the soonest appointment is a month from now anyway.

Were you able to fix it yourself? Was it the connector under the glove box?

Mckyver

First Name
Ky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL saharacon
Occupation
Sparky
Ya Iā€™ve got the same issue intermittently for years now , transfercase control module is what I get , dealer is spose to be ordering in parts , will see , sucks when your in a pile of rocks and goes into limp mode and disconnects the fad ,

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
Ya Iā€™ve got the same issue intermittently for years now , transfercase control module is what I get , dealer is spose to be ordering in parts , will see , sucks when your in a pile of rocks and goes into limp mode and disconnects the fad ,
What parts are they ordering? I checked the plug on the FAD and nothing is disconnected or looks wonky. Maybe the whole FAD actuator has gone bad?

I might take it to the shop that did my lift and see if they can figure it out. I also checked for codes with my ObdII reader and got nothing. Super frustrating.

Mckyver

First Name
Ky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL saharacon
Occupation
Sparky
What parts are they ordering? I checked the plug on the FAD and nothing is disconnected or looks wonky. Maybe the whole FAD actuator has gone bad?

I might take it to the shop that did my lift and see if they can figure it out. I also checked for codes with my ObdII reader and got nothing. Super frustrating.
No idea haha, Iā€™ll find out next time Iā€™m at dealer , might get it up on the hoist and have a poke around myself , Iā€™ve heard connectors can be a problem under there
itā€™s still under warranty thatā€™s only reason dealer is taking care of it

Sponsored

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
Turns out mine is most likely the Tranfers Case Position Range Sensor. Looks like it's on top of the transfer case so not easy to get to.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Were you able to fix your issues? Mine just started doing the same thing. SERV 4WD light turning on after 20 mins of driving. When I start the car again it'll be off.

I called the dealer and they said this isn't covered under the Powertrain warranty and that the soonest appointment is a month from now anyway.

Were you able to fix it yourself? Was it the connector under the glove box?
Hi there. If you decide to grab the appointment you mentioned and need support while there, we are here to help. Just send us a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

JRMedic19

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '14 Toyo Highlander, '19 Toyo Camry
Occupation
Wang-Jangler
Vehicle Showcase
@Tuckdawg

Thank you for coming back and updating with your outcome/findings. I was on a long haul trail through the eastern Sierras this weekend and was able to snag some cellular service while on a peak. 4WD was working fine for four days of straight wheelin way out into the sticks. The light was on for a lot of the trip and my sanity was wavering with the worry this light was causing. I was really worried about getting stranded out - WAY OUT - in the middle of nowhere.

Thank you sir.

Tuckdawg

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep willy's jlu
JRMedic19 you're welcome! Sierras sounds like a fun trail.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Has anyone found a solid fix for this. I started getting the same light in my Sahara with the 4 auto option. After about 20min of driving like others. If I restart the light goes off. I am out if warrenty so trying to avoid the dealer unless it falls under the powertrain.

Not a great sign when your still making payments on a new car and you have mechanical issues.
Sponsored