Sponsored

Service 4WD Message

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Has anyone found a solid fix for this. I started getting the same light in my Sahara with the 4 auto option. After about 20min of driving like others. If I restart the light goes off. I am out if warrenty so trying to avoid the dealer unless it falls under the powertrain.

Not a great sign when your still making payments on a new car and you have mechanical issues.
If you do decide to visit the dealership and need our support, send us a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
What sucks is this does not throw any codes. I plugged in my scanner and nothing came up. The light didn't come on for a couple weeks, then once again came on again yesterday. So unless this is a known issue the dealer is going to have a hard time.

From researching it could be the whole transfer case, a sensor on top of the transfer caee, or the axle actuator.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
What sucks is this does not throw any codes. I plugged in my scanner and nothing came up. The light didn't come on for a couple weeks, then once again came on again yesterday. So unless this is a known issue the dealer is going to have a hard time.

From researching it could be the whole transfer case, a sensor on top of the transfer caee, or the axle actuator.
The message alone is not nearly enough to say itā€™s any of those specific faults.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Right, so your throwing parts at it. Those are just fixes i have read from other members who have had the same problem.
That is the equivalent of saying the check engine light came on and I need a new engine. Itā€™s not diagnosis.

Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
That is the equivalent of saying the check engine light came on and I need a new engine. Itā€™s not diagnosis.
Wouldn't go that far. The actuator and sensor probably are not too expensive or difficult to replace. Transfer case is a different story, thats 3 or 4k i would guess.

It just doesnt seem like this is a big problem. So there are not a lot of people to ask about a solution.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Another symptom I noticed. Just before the indicator light comes on the 2H light starts flickering. So a loose connection somewhere. Hopefully its not inside the transfer case.
Sponsored