John4570

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep wrangler Unlimited
2020JL Wrangler Sahara
Service 4WD message has been coming on radomly for several years now. if I turn of the egnine and restart it goes away. Now it comes on everyday after driving about 7 to 10 miles.
Sponsored

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Check the plug going into the FAD unit on the passenger side of the front axle.

Try removing and reinserting it - that's an easy one to check that causes the SERV 4WD message. Other possible issues could be related to the selec-trac center diff in the transfer case but I'd say it's pretty likely it's something minor like this plug.

20180205120315-30599d73.jpg

eureka

First Name
Anna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport 2021
2020JL Wrangler Sahara
Service 4WD message has been coming on radomly for several years now. if I turn of the egnine and restart it goes away. Now it comes on everyday after driving about 7 to 10 miles.
I got service 4wd light on right after I purchased 21’ JL sport. I will be going to new dealership as the 1st one was terrible. They also told me they did tests etc. and they need to contact Star company for help. They held my Jeep for 2,5 months…anyway my light shows all the time when I drive when I switch between 4x4 gears it goes away. So weird. Going to new dealership to see if they can help. Vehicle is still under guarantee. Did you have it fixed?
Sponsored