Selec-trac vs Rubicon

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
I went with a Sahara for the selec-trac myself for snow driving. I don't get a ton of snow, but work doesn't close when it snows, so I need to be there. I lifted my jeep and put some other mods on there to have some fun with it, make it more off-road capable, and give it a little bit more of a badass look. I'm very happy with my decision. Hope you are as well. Looking forward to pictures when you get it!
Sponsored

Non Partisan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JK
Vehicle Showcase
I went with Sting gray, ACC (became addicted to that on my GC) 3 piece hard top with liner. Easier to state the things I didn't go with-tub liner, smokers group, rails :). I will change to different tires immediately but will keep the 18's for now. Great resources here for the tires https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/largest-tire-on-jlu-sahara-stock-rims-no-lift.5269/
Very nice. I too have been considering Sting Gray or Granite Crystal when the time comes to order. Nice rig ya have ordered. Any idea to delivery time? Maybe right when ya find yourself waist deep in snow, woohoo.

OP
OP

Mamacast

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Very nice. I too have been considering Sting Gray or Granite Crystal when the time comes to order. Nice rig ya have ordered. Any idea to delivery time? Maybe right when ya find yourself waist deep in snow, woohoo.
I was told 12 weeks, some thing on it adds 2 weeks to delivery but I can't figure out what that was now. We are already knee deep in snow so wish it was here now!

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
So I am trying to decide which of these drive trains is more suited to me. I really don't want to have to make a choice on snowy roads whether or not I need to put it into 4H, by the time you realize it it is too late ;-). I think I am wanting something that takes the everyday driving decisions out of the equation and I thought Selec-trac did that but I have a salesman friend who has a screaming deal on a 2019 Rubicon and he is saying that "With the better ESP Electronic Stability Program you will never need the select train (sic)" Can anyone describe what the differences are? Thanks so much.
JUST get the Selec-Trac!!. Get a Sahara with Selec Trac and dont think twice about it. In CT having had many AWD luxury SUV's I would only go for a Wrangler that has a similar system. For $600 the Selec Trac is a steal and unless you need to prove how big your testicles are every day, the Rubicon as cool as it is really is more of a status labeled Jeep unless you really need the off road rock climbing ability. The Sahara will give you most of what %99 of people want for off roading, but if you have the Rubicon in your head and that's all that will make you happy then go with it. My sales guy would make anything work and was honest about sitting on certain vehicles on the lot for certain reasons. His screamin deal has more to do with unloading something he cant sell quickly then anything else, he sells cars, dont fall for it.
Sponsored