Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
DC traffic is optional, get in early enough and leave late enough....no traffic. How else can anyone afford a $50K Jeep?

And . . . it's so much fun plowing through potholes and street construction with the Jeep as all the BMW & Tesla's risk denting their rims on those thin wall tires. The Jeep is the perfect commuter car as far as I'm concerned.
Well the times I've been there the traffic has been insane enough that I would just leave my truck parked and take the Metro. I guess if I lived there I would know the patterns better.
Sponsored

MYAMIA

First Name
MyA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara JL 2018
Driving my JL Sahara home today, which is fantastic by the way, I was wondering why Jeep didn’t finish it. The Sahara is positioned as the luxury model of the Wrangler lineup. Well It’s as close to what you get or should expect from a Wrnagler in terms of luxury.

But I’m wondering why didn’t Jeep finish it. The JL now has proximity entry. Parking sensors and camera, blind spot monitoring, a great infotainment centre, nav, CarPlay, acoustic front glass, heated seats and steering wheel, dual climate control, a power sliding top for those who don’t want to pull the top off, full led lighting, leather seats and dash, Uconnect remote start from an iPhone. All great and luxuriousish stuff.

So why miss a few extras that are less technical or basic adds for most other cars that have been available for years.

Why no power seats with memory. Hold on I’m talking about the Sahara not the Rubi or Sport. The Sahara has a leather dash and if you get the power top you can’t remove it. So almost all Sahara’s are mall crawlers and most of them will not have the interior hosed down after being in the mud. Power memory seats are available in the most basic cars so why.

Why only parking sensors for the rear. They put sensors in the rear bumper why not the front bumper. So does the statement that the bumpers get changed hold water. Well no both bumpers get changed on Wranglers. There are sensors in the rear bumper so why not sensors for the front too.

Why no auto wiper sensors. Proximity entry and blind spot monitoring but not auto wipers? They are so everyday now. I have had them in my vehicles since the early 2000's.

These are basic and not expensive so the price would not be drastically effected. Plus they could be options so therefore purchased only if wanted.

I do not understand why they went 97% and stopped short. In my opinion it wouldn’t change what the Wrangler is supposed to be. Not more than proximity, blind spot monitoring and remote star has anyway.

Am I missing something?
I agree with you. Our new car is the Sahara JL. An almost 50k car, but missing many details that they want to charge you extra. Just today i was saying to my wife that it is weird why they have the leather dashboard. That is very nice. But I would prefer that it comes with details like roof insolation, fuel door, power seats, the door sill guards and sunglasses holder. At least those little details for a "luxury" would be great.

HRDRCK

First Name
Tashsa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 rubicon hard rock
Occupation
Dental professional
I don't care about anything you just mentioned but I would have love to have cooling ventilated seats. If they can keep your ass warm in zero degree weather, then why not keep it cold in 100 degree weather. Other than that, the Sahara is beyond luxurious for a Wrangler.

i replied to this a little while ago. My sting gray Rubi should be coming soon and i didn't get leather this time because the black leather with the hot STL summers in my Hard Rock was bad news.... my step dad reupholsters seats so i'm having him put leather with cloth inserts or sheep skin, something that can BREATH.... i have been searching for a cooled seat MOD and today came across a place called katzkin.com found the heated / cooled seat on a youtube video looks like you do have to have it installed by on of their dealers and no price online.. BUT.... looks like leatherseats.com offers some too! enjoy!!! NO MORE SWMP ASS!!!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I agree with you. Our new car is the Sahara JL. An almost 50k car, but missing many details that they want to charge you extra. Just today i was saying to my wife that it is weird why they have the leather dashboard. That is very nice. But I would prefer that it comes with details like roof insolation, fuel door, power seats, the door sill guards and sunglasses holder. At least those little details for a "luxury" would be great.
I still can't get over the fact that you start with a platform that is a terrible base for a luxury SUV and then complain it doesn't come with a sunglasses holder. But you don't care about having a stiff ride, loud cabin, limited storage, back seats that don't adjust, and terrible gas mileage? It just seems like trying to make it something that it's not.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I pretty much got a base model Wrangler JL Sahara trim, my previous vehicles were a 2014 Ford Fusion Titanium ( fully loaded) then a 2018 Jeep Compass ( almost fully loaded ) the Ford was just not cutting it anymore after going thru Harvey here in Houston so I jumped onto the Jeep Compass and had trouble with it from jump start but that’s another story as I dont want to beat Jeep up for selling me a lemon so I took my loss after 5k miles and bought a Wrangler which is what I originally wanted before I bought the Compass but the dealer did not have much stock on hand and I’m not the type to build one.

The Wrangler JLU Sahara has no power seats, no navigation, no power lift gate, no power sunroof, basically a plain Jane compared to the other vehicles I have had and I can’t explain it but I am really more happy with it than the other two.

I added tinted windows, locking lugs, door sill guards and gas door after I took possession and spent several hundred $$$ but that’s ok, could Jeep have included some other options for what I paid, yes they could have but I was comfortable paying what I paid for my baby and will add other things as I can afford and need but I am quite happy with what I have despite some of the small things that are wrong like the leaky back window washer and a small issue with Uconnect

I think we all have buyers remorse to some degree after making a large purchase and a new vehicle is a large purchase but so far at 500 miles in I am happy and I hope to continue to be happy with my new ride.

864082A5-BB31-44CC-99E6-ABA53083CCC0.jpeg 110B2BC4-DA7B-4130-A525-A9F0FF42FD52.jpeg 766804F0-D8E9-46F0-AEA9-EF0924128D85.jpeg 09746180-DF9A-4DF7-BC19-3CC541FDB65F.jpeg 304E41AF-EE70-4373-B0B1-06759054F73C.jpeg 389BDBDF-0BA4-45A2-A47A-6173D0D964C7.jpeg 6F2FF743-4ABB-48EE-921C-FE0476D54055.jpeg 429D7729-840C-4DEE-AB5B-A0D03439612F.jpeg CF48D366-4A1E-4E2C-8CFA-0249D266177B.jpeg D3A042B7-165C-463C-A358-72D94B726DC0.jpeg

Sponsored

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
Why no power seats with memory. Hold on I’m talking about the Sahara not the Rubi or Sport.
I'd like to keep my Wrangler as simple as possible nut putting powered memory seats can help any vehicle's usability as a family vehicle. If there are two or more drivers, a single press preset for the seats saves a ton of time when it's time to get in and go in a hurry. Would be a huge bonus if linked to side mirrors as well but that's too easy to do so I don't expect it done :D

I don't care about anything you just mentioned but I would have love to have cooling ventilated seats. If they can keep your ass warm in zero degree weather, then why not keep it cold in 100 degree weather. Other than that, the Sahara is beyond luxurious for a Wrangler.
Apologies if others have mentioned already but ventilated seats are a bit harder to do than heated seats. For the latter, all you need is a very warming pad sandwiched between the cushion and the outer skin of the seat. To ventilate, you need fans and ducts and if they're to be operated by the HVAC then it's even more complicated.

build quality and reliability way too low, despite high prices.
Then it'll fit right in with the other luxury vehicles! Haven't you heard of a little company called Land Rover? :D

why not just get a C class Mercedes ?
Aside from the C class (and the 3-series for BMW) being the symbol poverty to the end of the road and no hope, try finding a new convertible with 4 doors or a convertible with actual cargo space or a RWD convertible with good visibility, or a convertible that will not go out of style, etc. This is why most Wranglers don't go off-road but they still get sold.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I pretty much got a base model Wrangler JL Sahara trim, my previous vehicles were a 2014 Ford Fusion Titanium ( fully loaded) then a 2018 Jeep Compass ( almost fully loaded ) the Ford was just not cutting it anymore after going thru Harvey here in Houston so I jumped onto the Jeep Compass and had trouble with it from jump start but that’s another story as I dont want to beat Jeep up for selling me a lemon so I took my loss after 5k miles and bought a Wrangler which is what I originally wanted before I bought the Compass but the dealer did not have much stock on hand and I’m not the type to build one.

The Wrangler JLU Sahara has no power seats, no navigation, no power lift gate, no power sunroof, basically a plain Jane compared to the other vehicles I have had and I can’t explain it but I am really more happy with it than the other two.

I added tinted windows, locking lugs, door sill guards and gas door after I took possession and spent several hundred $$$ but that’s ok, could Jeep have included some other options for what I paid, yes they could have but I was comfortable paying what I paid for my baby and will add other things as I can afford and need but I am quite happy with what I have despite some of the small things that are wrong like the leaky back window washer and a small issue with Uconnect

I think we all have buyers remorse to some degree after making a large purchase and a new vehicle is a large purchase but so far at 500 miles in I am happy and I hope to continue to be happy with my new ride.

864082A5-BB31-44CC-99E6-ABA53083CCC0.jpeg 110B2BC4-DA7B-4130-A525-A9F0FF42FD52.jpeg 766804F0-D8E9-46F0-AEA9-EF0924128D85.jpeg 09746180-DF9A-4DF7-BC19-3CC541FDB65F.jpeg 304E41AF-EE70-4373-B0B1-06759054F73C.jpeg 389BDBDF-0BA4-45A2-A47A-6173D0D964C7.jpeg 6F2FF743-4ABB-48EE-921C-FE0476D54055.jpeg 429D7729-840C-4DEE-AB5B-A0D03439612F.jpeg CF48D366-4A1E-4E2C-8CFA-0249D266177B.jpeg D3A042B7-165C-463C-A358-72D94B726DC0.jpeg
Great looking Jeep. Congratulations.
Sponsored